A majority of Americans oppose an “assault weapons” ban for the first time in 20 years of New York Times’ polling on the topic.
According to NYU political scientist Patrick Egan, the opposition to such a ban is up 16 percentage points from the numbers seen in 2011. Moreover, support for an “assault weapons” ban is down 19 percent. On January 15-19, 2011 Americans polled at 63 percent in favor of a ban and 34 against. On December 4-8, 2015, American polled only 44 percent in favor of such a ban, with 50 percent polling in opposition.
The real swing in numbers can be seen by contrasting the latest figures with the first pollNYT took on the topic during January 2-3, 1995. At that time support for a ban was at 67 percent, while opposition to a ban was at 27 percent.
Read more: Breitbart
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- DEAR AMERICA: Do You Agree Trump Should Dismantle the Iran Deal?
- WATCH: Trump Humiliates BBC Reporter After Her ‘Hard Hitting’ Question and it’s EPIC!
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case