Barack Obama lied when he claimed that he and Attorney General Loretta Lynch have the authority to unilaterally change the number of guns someone must sell to be considered a gun dealer down to just “one or two.” Barack Obama lied when he claimed that you could do Internet sales and sales at a gun show without background checks. He lied when he said it was the industry (not customers) who were opposed to the immature technology of so-called “smart guns.” All of Obama’s lies about executive orders have already been discussed here.
So it’s hardly surprising that the failed lame duck President lied about the NRA and misrepresented his views in front of a hand-picked, invitation-only audience on CNN last night with planted questions falsely billed as a townhall.
President Barack Obama mocked conspiracy theorists and tore into the National Rifle Association for pushing “imaginary fiction,” as he described his plans to tighten gun control rules as modest first steps toward tackling gun violence in America.
In a prime-time, televised town hall meeting Thursday, Obama fielded tough questions from high-profile gun control opponents and supporters alike, often answering with sympathy and without confrontation as he tried to reassure Americans there is a middle ground on a fiercely divisive issue.
But Obama didn’t hold back when asked by CNN moderator Anderson Cooper about the notion that the federal government — and Obama in particular — wants to seize all firearms as a precursor to imposing martial law. He blamed that notion on the NRA and like-minded groups that convince its members that “somebody’s going to come grab your guns.”
“Yes, that is a conspiracy,”Obama said. “I’m only going to be here for another year. When would I have started on this enterprise?”Obama defended his support for the constitutional right to gun ownership while arguing it was consistent with his efforts to curb mass shootings. He said the NRA refused to acknowledge the government’s responsibility to make legal products safer, citing seatbelts and child-proof medicine bottles as examples.
Read more: Bearing Arms
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Kathy Griffin Attacks Trump Again in Bizarre Video [WATCH]
- Child Sex Slave Escapes Captor, But Now She is the One in Jail
- POLL: President Trump Wants to Expose Sexual Harassers in Congress — Do You Love This?
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- Chick Who Stole MAGA Hat from College Student is in Serious Trouble [VIDEO]
- The Best Scopes for Your Hunting Rifle
- 2yr-Old Beats Stage 4 Cancer with Breakthrough Treatment
- ‘YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AFRICA’: Group of Black People Taunt BIKINI-CLAD Woman, She Instantly Loses Her Sh*t [VIDEO]
- Japan Prepares for Mass Evacuation as Kim Jong-un Becomes More Unhinged
- Prostitute Shoots Man in the Head Because He Didn’t Know How to…
- WATCH: Off-Duty Police Officer Caught in Gun Fight While Holding His Young Child
- WATCH: After Bernie Supporters WALK OUT on Hillary–DNC Arena is Almost EMPTY… HYSTERICAL!
- POLL: Should Bergdahl Receive $300,000 in Back Pay Benefits?
- BARBARIC: Two White Teenagers Beat Black Friend Hold her Down to Get Raped
- Newt Gingrich: ‘If Muslims Believe in Sharia Law They Should Be…’ Do You Agree?
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Tells Muslim Women’s March Leader to Put a Sock In It After Saying THIS…
- ALERT: Mugabe ‘Resigns’ From Office