Barack Obama lied when he claimed that he and Attorney General Loretta Lynch have the authority to unilaterally change the number of guns someone must sell to be considered a gun dealer down to just “one or two.” Barack Obama lied when he claimed that you could do Internet sales and sales at a gun show without background checks. He lied when he said it was the industry (not customers) who were opposed to the immature technology of so-called “smart guns.” All of Obama’s lies about executive orders have already been discussed here.
So it’s hardly surprising that the failed lame duck President lied about the NRA and misrepresented his views in front of a hand-picked, invitation-only audience on CNN last night with planted questions falsely billed as a townhall.
President Barack Obama mocked conspiracy theorists and tore into the National Rifle Association for pushing “imaginary fiction,” as he described his plans to tighten gun control rules as modest first steps toward tackling gun violence in America.
In a prime-time, televised town hall meeting Thursday, Obama fielded tough questions from high-profile gun control opponents and supporters alike, often answering with sympathy and without confrontation as he tried to reassure Americans there is a middle ground on a fiercely divisive issue.
But Obama didn’t hold back when asked by CNN moderator Anderson Cooper about the notion that the federal government — and Obama in particular — wants to seize all firearms as a precursor to imposing martial law. He blamed that notion on the NRA and like-minded groups that convince its members that “somebody’s going to come grab your guns.”
“Yes, that is a conspiracy,”Obama said. “I’m only going to be here for another year. When would I have started on this enterprise?”Obama defended his support for the constitutional right to gun ownership while arguing it was consistent with his efforts to curb mass shootings. He said the NRA refused to acknowledge the government’s responsibility to make legal products safer, citing seatbelts and child-proof medicine bottles as examples.
Read more: Bearing Arms
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- Billy Graham’s Final Message to the World Before He Passed Away
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Sex Robot Conference Proposes Child Sex Bots to ‘Cure’ Pedophilia
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- BARF IT’S HARF: Watch State Dep. Marie Harf’s Latest Interview, It’s Worse than her Last One
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- WATCH: When This Thug is Caught Messing with This Man’s Wife Things Get Bad Real Quick
- WATCH: Classmate of Nikolas Cruz Reported Him Multiple Times and Claims ‘He talked about killing our friends’
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- Exposed: Maxine Waters Lives in Highly Segregated Wealthy Community, No Where Near Her Represented District