Breaking News Update:
President Barack Obama on Saturday signed an executive order lifting some of the U.S. economic sanctions on Iran, the White House announced. The move follows the International Atomic Energy Agency saying Iran has completed the necessary steps in a deal to restrict its nuclear program.
Iran has completed the necessary steps in a deal to restrict its nuclear program, which now means international economic sanctions are lifted, U.N. and EU officials said Saturday.
“Relations between Iran and the IAEA now enter a new phase. It is an important day for the international community. I congratulate all those who helped make it a reality,” said Director General Yukiyo Ama of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
European Union Foreign Affairs Chief Federica Mogherini added Saturday that the economic sanctions against Iran were lifted now that the country has joined the U.K., U.S., E.U., France, Germany, China and Russia in “the field of peaceful users” of nuclear energy.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry issued a statement confirming the IAEA has verified that Iran “has fully implemented its required commitments.”
Read more: ktla.com
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN