President Obama on Tuesday predicted a Democrat would keep control of the White House next fall.
“I am anticipating a Democrat succeeding me. I am confident in the wisdom of the American people on that front,” Obama said during a press conference from Paris, where he has been attending negotiations on an international climate deal.
Obama is expected to campaign for the Democratic presidential nominee, widely expected to be former secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in 2016.
Many of Obama’s top policy priorities, including his landmark healthcare law and a global climate change agreement, could hinge on whether a Republican or Democrat succeeds him.
Read more: The Hill
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- FRANCE TRAIN HERO: Spencer Stone was ‘Trying to Protect Woman being Beaten by Boyfriend’ Outside Gay Bar, What She Did Next is Shocking
- Rape Victim’s Revenge: Woman Cuts Off Her Rapist’s Penis, Flushes it Down the Toilet and Beats Him to Death with a Hammer
- Watch: Michelle Obama Calls Herself the ‘Forever First Lady’
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- Juan Williams HAMMERS CNN for Fake News Story that Hannity ‘Pulled a GUN’ on Him
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Watch: FBI Informant Claims ‘Secret Society’ of Agents Against President Donald Trump is Real
- Hillary Endorser ARRESTED for Buying Sex with Meth
- INSIDE THE CRIME SCENE: Chilling Photos of James Holmes’ Attack
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation