President Barack Obama will ask Congress for $4.1 billion to expand computer programming classes in every public school, the White House said today.
The proposal, backed by technology firms including Apple Inc., Google Inc. and Microsoft Corp., will be included in Obama’s fiscal 2017 budget, to be released Feb. 9. Teaching basic coding to more grade-school children is necessary to expand the U.S. economy, Obama said.
“In the new economy, computer science isn’t an optional skill — it’s a basic skill,” Obama said Saturday in his weekly television and radio address. “I’ve got a plan to help make sure all our kids get an opportunity to learn computer science.”
Read more: Bloomberg
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Gang of 4 Stalk 50yr-Old Woman, ‘Forced Her to Perform Oral Sex at Gunpoint’ [Video]
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Kid Rock Already in Political Battle with Opponent, ‘We the People are sick and tired of their bulls***’
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- Woman Scares off Masked Intruder With Toy Gun
- BIBLE PAGE FUSED TO 9/11 RUBBLE: Discovered in Pristine Condition, What it Says Will Leave You in Awe
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer