Remember when Obama administration regulation czar Cass Sunstein testified that increased regulations were good for the economy and job growth?
He said when you increase regulations you have to hire folks to ensure those being targeted are in compliance with the regulations. What a joke, right?
But the amount of executive actions taken by fiat and the immense growth of the bureaucratic regulatory administrative state are no laughing matter.
When the executive branch of our federal government seeks to bypass the legislative process by executive order we do not have representative governance, we have rule. The growth of the federal registry where regulations are listed has expanded by an incredible amount in these past six-and-a-half years.
And the increase of regulations comes with a financial responsibility — a direct cost — to the private sector and individuals which many never know. When I was in Congress serving on the Small Business Committee, the recurring complaint was the amount of regulations stymying small business growth because of the time and resources necessary to understand and comply.
Therefore, we are moving away from a governing philosophy where legislation is debated to one where the executive branch prefers to implement its ideological agenda by order. That is a constitutional monarchy, not a republic. And so we have the latest incursion of the federal government, the Obama administration, to use coercion, intimidation, and regulation to further its agenda.
As reported by Fox News, “The Environmental Protection Agency unveiled plans Tuesday to slash methane emissions from oil and gas production almost in half, the latest in a series of administration regulations aimed at curbing global warming. The proposal, though, looked set to face stiff opposition from energy groups and Republicans lawmakers, who accused the administration of pandering to “the fantasies of the environmental Left.
”The target to cut methane by 40 to 45 percent by 2025 (compared against 2012 levels) was accompanied by proposed regulations cutting emissions from new natural gas wells, along with standards for drilling to reduce leakage on public lands. The regulations would require energy producers to find and repair leaks at oil and gas wells and capture gas that escapes from wells that use fracking. The administration said the rules would apply only to emissions from new or modified natural gas wells, meaning thousands of existing wells would not have to comply.” (And please don’t give me the sad, pitiful story about clean air and water. Hydraulic fracturing has proven to be a safe process).
Once again, the Obama EPA seeks to curtail fossil fuel exploration, which has been beneficial to our economy — but lately has come from state and private lands. The Obama agenda seeks to further restrain the oil and gas energy sector. They’re already bankrupting the coal industry, as a stated objective (which Hillary Clinton intends to carry out as we reported here). This new regulation is in addition to usurping more lands, designating more animals as endangered, and instituting fracking bans.
I always chuckle when I hear President Obama taking claim for the success of oil and natural gas production in America, realizing the gains are being made in spite of his efforts.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- ISIS Has Been Defeated
- BADASS: Bear Gets Into Bloody Fight With Wolves Over Deer Carcass–And The Winner Was…
- Not So Scary Now: Video Captures ISIS Militants Screaming Like Babies During Battle
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- Dangerous Standoff With Armed Robber and Father Ends With the Bad Guy Dying
- Dear America: Would You Be Terribly Sad If Liberal California Seceded From The Union?
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Roy Moore’s Accuser Admits Yearbook was Altered [WATCH]
- WATCH: Obama Thanks Himself for Trump’s Growing Economy
- REPORT: ‘Nasty Woman’ Throws Her Used TAMPON at a Police Officer
- Shady Lady Elizabeth Warren ‘Forgets’ to Disclose $1.3MIL Line of Credit Given to Her by…
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- READ AND WEEP LIBTARDS: Iowa Takes Constitutional Precautions to Protect Their 2A Rights
- Vagina Hat Wearers had Guest Speaker, Donna Hylton, Who Kidnapped, Raped and Tortured a Man [VIDEO]
- Kate Steinle’s Killer is Now Being Targeted by ICE