There are two words everyone who has served or is serving in the military does not want to hear: mission creep. It has been the deadly episode in the history of military operations throughout time. It is the piecemeal commitment of forces into a nebulous endeavor with no clear guidance or intent – basically no strategy. And those who commit warriors into the cauldron of uncertainty are doing solely to maintain a weak facade of taking action.
And so it is, just days after Commander-in-Chief Obama announced to the world ten months after first stating he did not have a strategy to combat ISIS, that he STILL doesn’t have a strategy, the White House announces it will send another 450 troops into Iraq as trainers.
No clear guidance was issued other than an intent to train more Iraqi troops. Sadly, we now have a little over 3,400 “trainers” in Iraq and only 2,598 Iraqi Soldiers in training. Of that number there are 800 Kurds and 1798 Shia, and no Sunnis are being trained. Do y’all see the laughable irony? We have more “trainers” in Iraq than those being trained.
When we were still there in Iraq with actual boots on the ground, there was a mandated percentage for sectarian integration. We were successful in unit and leadership integration. And let us be reminded that we were training Iraqi forces at the Al Asad Base — well, due to the ISIS advance into Ramadi, we have abandoned Al Asad. In other words, we are on the run.
Now consider all the pictures you see of ISIS parading through these cities in broad daylight with clear skies. What’s missing? The effective dropping of bombs on their savage arses. And now, because ISIS has a base close to Baghdad, we just saw bombing attacks in the city resulting in 140 Iraqi deaths just two days ago. Remember from 2009 to 2011 the occurrence of suicide bombings in Baghdad was almost nil.
Apparently President Obama believes hope is a means by which one institutes a strategy. It is not a method – it may be a good campaign theme, but it’s not convincing to the enemy.
So what will these 450 troops do? If we don’t have any Forward Air Controllers (FACs) we will not have an effective air campaign. If we don’t have permissive rules of engagement, the enemy will continue to have freedom of maneuver. If we don’t show vision and leadership, no one will follow — maybe President Obama and Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter are more concerned with Gay Pride month celebrations — seems they have a strategy for that.
How does the Obama administration believe it will be able to isolate ISIS from financial support? How will the Obama administration be able to use diplomatic pressure to seal off any support for ISIS and preclude the ability of recruits transiting into ISIS held territory? What is the Obama administration information operation plan to be able to defeat ISIS ideology — that is vital. And for the president to throw the Pentagon under the bus as he seeks to escape accountability and responsibility is just plain despicable.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- WATCH: Chick Accuses Cop of Racism, Then the Body Camera Footage is Released
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN