The statistics on unemployment that the government spoon feeds Americans is absolute propaganda and fiction. I have said for a long time that the actual unemployment rate, if fairly calculated, would be over 30%. Some economic analysts are now saying it is over 40%. Obama’s numbers don’t include those who have quit looking for work by the millions after years of trying to find something that would pay the bills. They don’t include those who have to move to find work. We have essentially become a nomadic nation as far as employment goes these days. Every time Obama gets up there and spouts lies about how great the economy is and how low unemployment is, I want to find a brick and take out the screen. We are in a depression, just look around you. And it will get much worse, before it gets better.
In a subtle but obvious attack against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, President Barack Obama mocked “trickle down” economics and praised Democrat Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton’s tax hike on higher income earners and his plans to raise the minimum wage.
“According to the Republican theory, all that kind of stuff would have been bad for the economy,” Obama said during a July 2 speech. “But Minnesota’s unemployment rate is lower than Wisconsin’s. … Minnesota’s winning this border battle.”
Obama’s use of the unemployment rate as a weapon to inflict political damage on Republicans is nothing new. For most of Obama’s presidency, he’s been touting his economic policies and how successful they have allegedly been at reducing unemployment rates (when in fact all recession recoveries reduce unemployment rates), all the while intentionally misleading people about what the unemployment rate actually represents.
Contrary to the popular impression, the unemployment rate is not the percentage of the population looking for work. The unemployment rate is simply the percentage of a state or nation’s economy that isn’t employed and doesn’t fall into one of a number of excluded categories.
A person who has “given up” looking for work, for instance, is not considered “unemployed” by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, even if that person is still interested in getting a job. Individuals who retire early because they can’t find a good job are also excluded. In addition, state unemployment figures can be quite confusing at times because people who leave the state because they can’t find work are not counted as “unemployed.”
In short, unemployment rates often change in large part because the labor force pool grows or shrinks, not because of actual economic growth. Even when economic growth does occur, it often looks more impressive than it actually is because of the way unemployment is calculated.
Read more: rightwingnews.com
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- ALERT: Intel Officer Claims Obama Would be First Former President to be Charged with a FELONY if…
- Photo Gallery
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution