The Senate voted Thursday evening for the first time ever to repeal President Barack Obama’s signature health care law, passing the measure 52-47.
The bill will now head to the House, where it should win easy approval from the Republican majority.
Congress will then send the measure, which also strips federal funding for Planned Parenthood, to Obama who will veto it.
This marks the first time the Republican controlled Congress has ever sent a bill to repeal Obamacare to the president’s desk.
In a statement, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who has been relentless in his efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, said the vote represented a “significant step towards repealing every word of Obamacare.”
Read more: The Blaze
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall