The Oregon college gunman wrote that he would be ‘welcomed in Hell and embraced by the devil’ in a rambling letter he left behind before committing his massacre.
Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, wrote that he was ‘in a bad way’ and ‘had no life’, an anonymous official who has seen the note told NBC News.
He is also said to complained that he did not have a girlfriend, adding that ‘he felt the world was against him’. The full letter is yet to be released by investigators.
Mercer, who killed nine people at Umpqua Community College yesterday, was discharged from a U.S. Army training center in 2008.
It is also now believed that the shooter had Asperger’s Syndrome and attended a high school for students with behavioral issues.
People who went to school with the mass murderer also spoke of the chilling drawings of skulls, bones and coffins Mercer would scrawl on his notebooks. He is also alleged to have had a ‘manifesto’ with the ‘666’ written across it.
Mercer, who died in a shoot-out with police after the massacre,was suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome, according to online posts written by his mother.
His mother Laurel, a nurse, wrote on a medical forum that she had an ‘Asperger’s kid’ and told neighbors her son had ‘mental issues’, according to reports.
The email she used was linked to her by public records, which also confirmed her profession.
According to reports she also told neighbors that her son had ‘mental issues’ and attended a special school for pupils with special needs.
Mercer attended the Switzer Center in Los Angeles, that specializes in students with behavioral issues aged 12 to 22. He left in 2009.
Former classmates of the killer say he had an obsession with drawing macabre pictures of bones, coffins and skulls on his notebook.
‘He had this notebook with all these pictures of skulls that he had traced, and they had like fire in their eyes and looked really weird,’ Gabriel Rivera, 25, told People.
‘He would sit in class and just draw weird s**t like bones or coffins instead of doing the work.’
‘Chris didn’t talk to anyone. He was mad that he was at the school and didn’t like anyone. He didn’t have a lot of friends, I can’t even think of anyone who he ever was friends with.’
A source also told People that Mercer had a ‘manifesto’ with ‘666’ written across it, and wrote about wanting to ‘serve darkness’.
‘The guy did this strictly for satanic purposes. He did it to become a god in hell. He wants to be evil. That is his goal, to serve Satan,’ the source said.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Kim Jong-un Needs to be Terrified of Sec Def Mattis’ First Course of Action After NK Recent Missile Launch
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]
- DAVID BOWIE’S FUNNIEST TV MOMENT: Rips to Shred Anti-Gun, Anti-Hunting Actor Ricky Gervais [WATCH]
- WATCH: Leaked Footage Shows Clintons Celebrating Election ‘Victory’… a Little Too Early [VIRAL VIDEO]
- Watch: Bannon Breaks His Silence After Leaving the White House — Throws Punches Left & Right
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]