Incredible footage has emerged from the Paris attacks showing the moment a Parisian nurse tried to save the life of a man who was badly injured in the cafe attack only to realise that he was the suicide bomber.
The nurse, who called himself David, said he instinctively sought to help the wounded in the chaos of the explosion at the Comptoir Voltaire cafe.
David, who works at a hospital in Paris, tried to save the bomber Brahim Abdeslam, who can be seen in the video lying unconscious amid the overturned chairs.
‘(Later), I was thinking about how I lay him on the floor, with me doing CPR. It’s a pretty vigourous process. By just doing that, I also could have been gone,’ he said.
‘The first wire I saw was red. I think that was the detonator. There was something at the end,’ David said.
Just after he realised the person he was trying to save had just tried to kill him, the fire services arrived, David said.
Among them was a fireman he knew. He told him what he had just seen.
‘He looked at me and started shouting for everyone to evacuate,’ said David.
The terror alert comes as authorities across Europe try to determine how a network of primarily French and Belgian attackers carried out the deadly attacks in Paris.
Brussels was home to the suspected organizer of the November 13 Paris attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who was killed in a dramatic police shootout at a flat in the suburb of Paris during a police raid on Wednesday morning.
He died alongside Hasna Ait Boulahcen, 26 – she was originally thought to have blown herself up in the Saint Denis gun siege, but was actually killed when another member of the Islamic cell let off a bomb, according to a source within the French police.
But a police source has now revealed she is believed to have died because another member of her terrorist cell let off a bomb as armed officers attempted to storm the third floor property.
Security officers continue to hunt for the suspected eight gunman, Saleh Abdeslam, 26 – it was his brother Brahim, that nurse David was trying to save.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- PERV ALERT: Group of Brooklyn Teens Grope Several Women
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment