Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) first major legislative achievement is a total and complete sell-out of the American people masquerading as an appropriations bill.
Too harsh, you say? Let the programs, the spending, and the implications speak for themselves.
(1) Ryan’s Omnibus Fully Funds DACA
Though much of the public attention has surrounded the President’s 2014 executive amnesty, the President’s 2012 amnesty quietly continues to churn out work permits and federal benefits for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens. Paul Ryan’s bill funds entirely this 2012 executive amnesty for “DREAMers”—or illegal immigrants who came to the country as minors.
Specifically, Division F of Ryan’s omnibus bill contains no language that would prohibit the use of funds to continue the President’s unconstitutional program. Obama’s executive action, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), has granted around 700,000 illegal aliens with work permits, as well as the ability to receive tax credits and federal entitlement programs. A recent GAO report documented how this illegal amnesty program for alien youth is, in large part, responsible for the illegal alien minor surge on our southern border.
In 2013, Paul Ryan said that it is his job as a U.S. lawmaker to put himself in the shoes of “the DREAMer who is waiting” and work to find legislative solutions to his or her problems.
(2) Ryan’s Omnibus Funds Sanctuary Cities
Five months ago, 32-year-old Kate Steinle was bleeding to death in her father’s arms. She was gunned down in broad daylight by a five-time deported criminal alien whose presence in the country was the direct result of San Francisco’s refusal to comply with U.S. immigration law—yet Paul Ryan’s omnibus rewards these lawless Sanctuary Cities with federal grants. Division B Title II of Ryan’s omnibus funds various grant programs for the Department of Justice (pages 167, 168, and 169) and contains no language that would restrict the provision of such grants to sanctuary jurisdictions.
(3) Ryan’s Omnibus Funds All Refugee Programs
Despite broad support amongst Republican lawmakers for a proposal introduced by
Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX) to halt all refugee resettlement, Ryan’s appropriations bill will fund President Obama’s refugee resettlement operation and will allow for the admission of tens of thousands of refugees with access to federal benefits. Division H Title II of Ryan’s bill contains appropriations of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and contains no language that would restrict the program. Nor are there any restrictions for the program in Division K of Ryan’s bill, which provides funding for the Department of State, which oversees refugee admissions.
Ryan is not one of the 84 cosponsors of Babin’s bill to halt the refugee operation, and he recently told Sean Hannity that he does not support halting resettlement because, “We’re a compassionate country. The refugees laws are important laws.” Similarly, this outcome represents a legislative win for
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), who told Sean Hannity he’d “hate to use” Congress’s power of the purse to deny funding for Obama’s resettlement operation.
(4) Ryan’s Omnibus Funds All of the Mideast Immigration Programs That Have Been Exploited by Terrorists in Recent Years
Although multiple immigrant and visa programs in recent years have been exploited by terrorists (such as the F-1 “student” visa, the K-1 “fiancée” visa, and our green card and refugee programs), Ryan’s proposal does nothing to limit admissions from jihadist-prone regions. As Senators Shelby and Sessions of Alabama noted in a joint statement: “The omnibus would put the U.S. on a path to approve admission for hundreds of thousands of migrants from a broad range of countries with jihadists movements over the next 12 months, on top of all the other autopilot annual immigration.”
Read more: Breitbart
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner
- Officer Mohamed Noor Refuses to Cooperate With Investigators After Shooting Dead Yoga Teacher
- Trump Admin Wins Second Time with Travel Ban, Strict Enforcement…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Susan Rice Is Not Going to Testify About Unmasking Trump Supporters
- College Students Love Socialism, But Can’t Define It [VIDEO]
- Yoga Teacher Shot Down by Police After Calling in a Possible Assault
- Krauthammer Calls GOP Repeal and Replace an ‘Epic Fail’, Reveals Why in Detail
- This Dude Says ‘Diversity’ is Code Word for ‘Non-White’, Do You Agree? [Video]
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- Kid Rock Releases Senate Platform: ‘If You Work Your Butt Off and Pay Taxes…’
- Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz: Liberals Searching for ‘Crimes That Don’t Exist’