An elderly couple from Warwick are devoting their retirement to children who have suffered from bullying by providing them with a safe and happy place to learn. In 2012, the couple converted their 10 bedroom country home into a school for bullied children; to date they have helped 20 troubled pupils recover from traumatic experiences and years of torment.
Vivian Morgan, 72, and her husband, 94, decided they wanted to help save the lives of today’s troubled youth when they heard the tragic story of Simone Grace, a bullied schoolgirl who committed suicide. Since then, the couple have become dedicated to providing bullied children with a safe environment to learn and socialize in.
“I can’t think of anything worse than a child taking their own life,” says Fred. “It’s so final and tragic. If we can be useful and give a productive life to a few of them, then that’s only a good thing.”
Despite its small size, the Northleigh House School in Hatton, Warwick, is a fully-functioning independent school which follows the national curriculum and is subjected to Ofsted inspections. 22 mainly part-time staff teach the students, aged between 11 and 16, English, maths and science. Additionally, a Italian therapist is on hand to assist with language classes, and for individuals interested in music piano lessons are also available.
Around half of the students at the school have at one point in their lives tried to commit suicide, many others have been referred by the council due to them being too depressed to attend the local state school.
“We had one 15-year-old girl who had bald patches where the bullies had pulled her hair out,” Vivian told the Telegraph. “I’ve seen texts sent to pupils telling them to kill themselves. It’s horrific.”
Read more: anonhq.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- WATCH: Chick Accuses Cop of Racism, Then the Body Camera Footage is Released
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN