An elderly couple from Warwick are devoting their retirement to children who have suffered from bullying by providing them with a safe and happy place to learn. In 2012, the couple converted their 10 bedroom country home into a school for bullied children; to date they have helped 20 troubled pupils recover from traumatic experiences and years of torment.
Vivian Morgan, 72, and her husband, 94, decided they wanted to help save the lives of today’s troubled youth when they heard the tragic story of Simone Grace, a bullied schoolgirl who committed suicide. Since then, the couple have become dedicated to providing bullied children with a safe environment to learn and socialize in.
“I can’t think of anything worse than a child taking their own life,” says Fred. “It’s so final and tragic. If we can be useful and give a productive life to a few of them, then that’s only a good thing.”
Despite its small size, the Northleigh House School in Hatton, Warwick, is a fully-functioning independent school which follows the national curriculum and is subjected to Ofsted inspections. 22 mainly part-time staff teach the students, aged between 11 and 16, English, maths and science. Additionally, a Italian therapist is on hand to assist with language classes, and for individuals interested in music piano lessons are also available.
Around half of the students at the school have at one point in their lives tried to commit suicide, many others have been referred by the council due to them being too depressed to attend the local state school.
“We had one 15-year-old girl who had bald patches where the bullies had pulled her hair out,” Vivian told the Telegraph. “I’ve seen texts sent to pupils telling them to kill themselves. It’s horrific.”
Read more: anonhq.com
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- WATCH: US Open Champion Sloane Stephens When Asked if She has New ‘Hunger’ to Win More Games Gives Hilarious Answer — Endorses Capitalism
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- ALERT: Bomb Threat Reported for Central London Tube Trains
- Photo Gallery
- BARBARIC: Two White Teenagers Beat Black Friend Hold her Down to Get Raped
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Taking Up Arms: NJ Couple Brutally Beaten and Sexually Assaulted Become Gun Owners
- Maxine Waters: ‘I think too much credit is given to presidents about how the markets are working…’
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Syrians React to Trump’s Bombing of Airbase… LOVE What the President Did