An elderly couple from Warwick are devoting their retirement to children who have suffered from bullying by providing them with a safe and happy place to learn. In 2012, the couple converted their 10 bedroom country home into a school for bullied children; to date they have helped 20 troubled pupils recover from traumatic experiences and years of torment.
Vivian Morgan, 72, and her husband, 94, decided they wanted to help save the lives of today’s troubled youth when they heard the tragic story of Simone Grace, a bullied schoolgirl who committed suicide. Since then, the couple have become dedicated to providing bullied children with a safe environment to learn and socialize in.
“I can’t think of anything worse than a child taking their own life,” says Fred. “It’s so final and tragic. If we can be useful and give a productive life to a few of them, then that’s only a good thing.”
Despite its small size, the Northleigh House School in Hatton, Warwick, is a fully-functioning independent school which follows the national curriculum and is subjected to Ofsted inspections. 22 mainly part-time staff teach the students, aged between 11 and 16, English, maths and science. Additionally, a Italian therapist is on hand to assist with language classes, and for individuals interested in music piano lessons are also available.
Around half of the students at the school have at one point in their lives tried to commit suicide, many others have been referred by the council due to them being too depressed to attend the local state school.
“We had one 15-year-old girl who had bald patches where the bullies had pulled her hair out,” Vivian told the Telegraph. “I’ve seen texts sent to pupils telling them to kill themselves. It’s horrific.”
Read more: anonhq.com
- REPORT: Hillary Got ‘PHYSICALLY VIOLENT’ After Losing–ATTACKED Staff and Had to be ‘Restrained’
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- WATCH: Drake Defends Female Fans After Man Gropes Them During Concert
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind
- VIDEO: Hillary Cries Hysterically After Losing–Blames Comey & Obama
- Skinny Dipping Biden: Female Secret Service Agents Hate Being Assigned to Biden, But Hillary is Worse
- Bill Clinton Finally Being Targeted for His Sexual Abuse to Women [WATCH]
- California Gunman Kevin Janson Neal had History of Violence, Instability
- Texas Shooting Survivors Say Kelley Targeted Children — Would Shoot Them at…
- A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Syrian Rebels Release a Video of Them Shooting Islamic State Militants
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- THE KILL LIST: Islamic State has Released List of American Cities They Plan on Attacking
- TERRIFYING: Family Trapped in Their Vehicle as LIONS Fight Over Carcass Under the WHEEL
- Texas Shooting: Two Heroes Who Chased Down Shooter Reveal What Happened
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]