By Steve Berman
This has to be one of the worst cases of confirmation bias and self-righteous hypocrisy I’ve ever seen.
Before anything official has been released about Richard Lewis Dear, 57, the man who killed three, including a police officer who gave his life in the line of duty, the press and Planned Parenthood have pulled the chocks and rolled the bandwagon down the hill.
Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountain CEO Vicki Cowart tweeted this statement:
“We are learning that eyewitnesses confirm that the man who will be charged with the tragic and senseless shooting that resulted in the deaths of three people and injures to nine others at Planned Parenthood’s health center in Colorado Springs was motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion.”
— PPRM (@PPRockyMountain) November 29, 2015
Some unnamed “law enforcement official” told the AP that Dear made some “no more baby parts” remark after his arrest, and now the media-abortion axis has something to bite into. I’m absolutely certain this line of reasoning will point a finger directly at the Center for Medical Progress, the investigative organization whose “Human Capital” videos have caught Planned Parenthood talking about baby parts like they were spark plugs or motor mounts.
“Motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion,” Cowart said.
For the sake of argument, let’s stipulate that Dear chose the Colorado abortion clinic because it was featured in CMP’s videos. Let’s also cede the point that Dear wanted to somehow harm the clinic (which he didn’t do). Finally, let’s—again, for argument’s sake—agree that Dear was vehemently anti-abortion.
None of these things justify Cowart’s statement. Anyone who kills unarmed civilians, and shoots at police attempting to defend those civilians, is motivated by hate, pure and simple. It makes no difference whether the shooter is Dylann Storm or Dear: their motivation is hate, likely with some mental illness thrown in.
What Dear did is evil and wrong in any circumstance. Abortion is also evil and wrong, and the fact that evil was committed against evil doesn’t change anything.
Read more: redstate.com
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- Sean Diddy Combs Tweets NFL ‘I… Have a Dream’ Message — Far From Martin Luther King Jr.’s Speech
- Muslim Woman Linda Sarsour Shouts: ‘Muslims Should Not Assimilate’ – Fighting Trump ‘Form of Jihad’ [Watch]
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?