By Steve Berman
This has to be one of the worst cases of confirmation bias and self-righteous hypocrisy I’ve ever seen.
Before anything official has been released about Richard Lewis Dear, 57, the man who killed three, including a police officer who gave his life in the line of duty, the press and Planned Parenthood have pulled the chocks and rolled the bandwagon down the hill.
Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountain CEO Vicki Cowart tweeted this statement:
“We are learning that eyewitnesses confirm that the man who will be charged with the tragic and senseless shooting that resulted in the deaths of three people and injures to nine others at Planned Parenthood’s health center in Colorado Springs was motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion.”
— PPRM (@PPRockyMountain) November 29, 2015
Some unnamed “law enforcement official” told the AP that Dear made some “no more baby parts” remark after his arrest, and now the media-abortion axis has something to bite into. I’m absolutely certain this line of reasoning will point a finger directly at the Center for Medical Progress, the investigative organization whose “Human Capital” videos have caught Planned Parenthood talking about baby parts like they were spark plugs or motor mounts.
“Motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion,” Cowart said.
For the sake of argument, let’s stipulate that Dear chose the Colorado abortion clinic because it was featured in CMP’s videos. Let’s also cede the point that Dear wanted to somehow harm the clinic (which he didn’t do). Finally, let’s—again, for argument’s sake—agree that Dear was vehemently anti-abortion.
None of these things justify Cowart’s statement. Anyone who kills unarmed civilians, and shoots at police attempting to defend those civilians, is motivated by hate, pure and simple. It makes no difference whether the shooter is Dylann Storm or Dear: their motivation is hate, likely with some mental illness thrown in.
What Dear did is evil and wrong in any circumstance. Abortion is also evil and wrong, and the fact that evil was committed against evil doesn’t change anything.
Read more: redstate.com
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- After Russian-Trump Fake News Story, CNN Is Imposing New Rules — But Will They Help?
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Throwback: Muslim Leader, ‘If it’s Not Islamic then the Law of the Land & Those Who Make it can go to Hell’
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!