By Steve Berman
This has to be one of the worst cases of confirmation bias and self-righteous hypocrisy I’ve ever seen.
Before anything official has been released about Richard Lewis Dear, 57, the man who killed three, including a police officer who gave his life in the line of duty, the press and Planned Parenthood have pulled the chocks and rolled the bandwagon down the hill.
Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountain CEO Vicki Cowart tweeted this statement:
“We are learning that eyewitnesses confirm that the man who will be charged with the tragic and senseless shooting that resulted in the deaths of three people and injures to nine others at Planned Parenthood’s health center in Colorado Springs was motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion.”
— PPRM (@PPRockyMountain) November 29, 2015
Some unnamed “law enforcement official” told the AP that Dear made some “no more baby parts” remark after his arrest, and now the media-abortion axis has something to bite into. I’m absolutely certain this line of reasoning will point a finger directly at the Center for Medical Progress, the investigative organization whose “Human Capital” videos have caught Planned Parenthood talking about baby parts like they were spark plugs or motor mounts.
“Motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion,” Cowart said.
For the sake of argument, let’s stipulate that Dear chose the Colorado abortion clinic because it was featured in CMP’s videos. Let’s also cede the point that Dear wanted to somehow harm the clinic (which he didn’t do). Finally, let’s—again, for argument’s sake—agree that Dear was vehemently anti-abortion.
None of these things justify Cowart’s statement. Anyone who kills unarmed civilians, and shoots at police attempting to defend those civilians, is motivated by hate, pure and simple. It makes no difference whether the shooter is Dylann Storm or Dear: their motivation is hate, likely with some mental illness thrown in.
What Dear did is evil and wrong in any circumstance. Abortion is also evil and wrong, and the fact that evil was committed against evil doesn’t change anything.
Read more: redstate.com
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]
- Susan Rice Tells Trump to ‘Tolerate’ Nuclear North Korea — What Do You Say?
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600