By Steve Berman
This has to be one of the worst cases of confirmation bias and self-righteous hypocrisy I’ve ever seen.
Before anything official has been released about Richard Lewis Dear, 57, the man who killed three, including a police officer who gave his life in the line of duty, the press and Planned Parenthood have pulled the chocks and rolled the bandwagon down the hill.
Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountain CEO Vicki Cowart tweeted this statement:
“We are learning that eyewitnesses confirm that the man who will be charged with the tragic and senseless shooting that resulted in the deaths of three people and injures to nine others at Planned Parenthood’s health center in Colorado Springs was motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion.”
— PPRM (@PPRockyMountain) November 29, 2015
Some unnamed “law enforcement official” told the AP that Dear made some “no more baby parts” remark after his arrest, and now the media-abortion axis has something to bite into. I’m absolutely certain this line of reasoning will point a finger directly at the Center for Medical Progress, the investigative organization whose “Human Capital” videos have caught Planned Parenthood talking about baby parts like they were spark plugs or motor mounts.
“Motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion,” Cowart said.
For the sake of argument, let’s stipulate that Dear chose the Colorado abortion clinic because it was featured in CMP’s videos. Let’s also cede the point that Dear wanted to somehow harm the clinic (which he didn’t do). Finally, let’s—again, for argument’s sake—agree that Dear was vehemently anti-abortion.
None of these things justify Cowart’s statement. Anyone who kills unarmed civilians, and shoots at police attempting to defend those civilians, is motivated by hate, pure and simple. It makes no difference whether the shooter is Dylann Storm or Dear: their motivation is hate, likely with some mental illness thrown in.
What Dear did is evil and wrong in any circumstance. Abortion is also evil and wrong, and the fact that evil was committed against evil doesn’t change anything.
Read more: redstate.com
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- Hell and Back: 3 Sex Slaves Girls Share Gratitude for Being Freed
- ‘GET OFF OUR LAND’: Navajo Tribe Chases John McCain Off their Reservation Because of This…
- Hung Out to Dry: Duck Dynasty Family Says Phil Was Set Up
- GA Lieutenant Governor is Planning to cut Tax Benefits for Delta if They Don’t Reverse NRA Decision
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI
- REPORT: Trump Hating FBI Agent Peter Strzok Ignored Evidence of Hillary Clinton’s Secret Server Being Hacked
- BREAKING: 16 Terrorists Arrested at Police Raid — but Paris Jihadist is…
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- TERRORISM LOSES AGAIN: Man who had the Intentions of Beheading a Police Officer was Fatally Shot
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking