Eureka, it finally happened! The U.S. Army has stood its ground and not cowered in the face of pressure from the Obama administration — Bowe Bergdahl has been charged.
As reported by the Washington Post, “Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who slipped (deserted) away from his patrol base in Afghanistan in 2009 and was held in captivity (that is speculation) for five years, has been charged with desertion and misbehaving before the enemy, Army officials said Wednesday, setting the stage for emotionally charged court proceedings in coming months.”
“The charges were announced by the service at Fort Bragg, N.C., hours after the 28-year-old was handed a charge sheet, according to one of his attorneys. Bergdahl will next face a preliminary Article 32 hearing, which is frequently compared to a grand jury proceeding in civilian court.”
Now, there is a debate as to whether or not this was a war, which means he could have faced the death penalty. The response has been there was no declaration of war against Afghanistan — of course not, we were fighting non-state, non-uniformed unlawful enemy combatants — the Taliban and al-Qaida.
The optics of a death penalty punishment is overkill, but I do agree with a life sentence. I believe that is completely warranted knowing that six members of the U.S. Army lost their lives searching for a deserter.
What I found interesting was the angle the Washington Post was attempting to take in the piece they wrote — the liberal progressive left has begun its campaign to make Bowe Bergdahl into a victim. Of course, talking an action to protect one’s men in combat or killing the enemy is viewed as horrific, disparaged and worthy of being castigated as war criminal — or a sentence of 20 years imprisonment like Army 1LT Clint Lorance.
The Post writes, “Bergdahl’s attorneys released a lengthy March 2 letter they wrote to Milley urging leniency in light of his time in captivity. They also released a statement to Milley from Bergdahl in which he described being chained to a bed, spread-eagle and blindfolded while being held by the Haqqani network, an insurgent group allied with the Taliban. He said he tried to escape about 12 times over the course of his captivity.”
There is one simple point missing: none of this would have happened if Bowe Bergdahl had not deserted his assigned duty post on his combat outpost.
But there is a greater concern. The five senior Taliban leaders — who basically comprised their general staff — will be free for release from their supposed “watch” in Qatar. Remember they were only to be “held” in that country which houses the leader of Hamas for one year — that year is up end of May.
Already we know that three of the five have been making contacts back with the Taliban seeking to reestablish themselves in that fight.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers