Eureka, it finally happened! The U.S. Army has stood its ground and not cowered in the face of pressure from the Obama administration — Bowe Bergdahl has been charged.
As reported by the Washington Post, “Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who slipped (deserted) away from his patrol base in Afghanistan in 2009 and was held in captivity (that is speculation) for five years, has been charged with desertion and misbehaving before the enemy, Army officials said Wednesday, setting the stage for emotionally charged court proceedings in coming months.”
“The charges were announced by the service at Fort Bragg, N.C., hours after the 28-year-old was handed a charge sheet, according to one of his attorneys. Bergdahl will next face a preliminary Article 32 hearing, which is frequently compared to a grand jury proceeding in civilian court.”
Now, there is a debate as to whether or not this was a war, which means he could have faced the death penalty. The response has been there was no declaration of war against Afghanistan — of course not, we were fighting non-state, non-uniformed unlawful enemy combatants — the Taliban and al-Qaida.
The optics of a death penalty punishment is overkill, but I do agree with a life sentence. I believe that is completely warranted knowing that six members of the U.S. Army lost their lives searching for a deserter.
What I found interesting was the angle the Washington Post was attempting to take in the piece they wrote — the liberal progressive left has begun its campaign to make Bowe Bergdahl into a victim. Of course, talking an action to protect one’s men in combat or killing the enemy is viewed as horrific, disparaged and worthy of being castigated as war criminal — or a sentence of 20 years imprisonment like Army 1LT Clint Lorance.
The Post writes, “Bergdahl’s attorneys released a lengthy March 2 letter they wrote to Milley urging leniency in light of his time in captivity. They also released a statement to Milley from Bergdahl in which he described being chained to a bed, spread-eagle and blindfolded while being held by the Haqqani network, an insurgent group allied with the Taliban. He said he tried to escape about 12 times over the course of his captivity.”
There is one simple point missing: none of this would have happened if Bowe Bergdahl had not deserted his assigned duty post on his combat outpost.
But there is a greater concern. The five senior Taliban leaders — who basically comprised their general staff — will be free for release from their supposed “watch” in Qatar. Remember they were only to be “held” in that country which houses the leader of Hamas for one year — that year is up end of May.
Already we know that three of the five have been making contacts back with the Taliban seeking to reestablish themselves in that fight.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison