Hillary Clinton has retaken the lead among likely Democratic voters in Iowa, a key early voting state in the nomination race ahead of the 2016 presidential election, a Quinnipiac University opinion poll released on Friday found.
The survey of 592 likely Democratic participants in the Iowa caucus showed 51 percent backed the former U.S. secretary of state compared with 40 percent who supported her rival, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.
Last month, a Quinnipiac poll found the two liberals neck-and-neck, with Sanders at 41 percent and Clinton at 40 percent. Her lead this month is within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.
On Thursday, a similar Quinnipiac poll of Republican presidential contenders showed retired physician Ben Carson outpacing businessman and TV personality Donald Trump in the Midwestern state.
While the poll offers a glimpse into just one of 50 U.S. states, Iowa’s February caucus can help set the stage early in the campaign for the parties’ eventual nominees for the November 2016 election. However, a win there does not cement the nomination as past winners have later stumbled and lost their party’s support.
Read more: Yahoo News
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- AUNT FROM HELL: ‘The Law Said I HAD To Sue’
- Woman Arrested after Trying to Flush Newborn Baby Down the Toilet
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- PERV ALERT: Group of Brooklyn Teens Grope Several Women
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment