Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has maintained his grip on the race for the 2016 GOP nomination in the swing states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, but retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson performs best among the Republicans in general election match-ups, according to polling released Wednesday by Quinnipiac University.
“Those who were waiting for Donald Trump’s campaign to collapse will need to wait longer — at least in the three key states of Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
Mr. Trump led the GOP field in Florida with 28 percent — up from 21 percent in August. Mr. Carson was next at 16 percent, followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 14 percent, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 12 percent, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina at 7 percent and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas at 6 percent.
Though Mr. Trump led the field, 29 percent of Republicans also said they would “definitely not” support him.
Mr. Trump also had a negative 35 percent/57 percent favorable/unfavorable split among general election voters, with 54 percent of voters saying he is not honest and trustworthy.
Mr. Trump trailed Vice President Joseph R. Biden, former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont by 14 points, 5 points, and 5 points, respectively. Mr. Carson, meanwhile, trailed Mr. Biden by 3 points, trailed Mrs. Clinton by 2 points and beat Mr. Sanders by 6 points — better margins than any other Republican.
In Ohio, Mr. Trump was at 23 percent among Republicans, compared to 21 percent in August. Mr. Carson was at 18 percent, followed by native son Gov. John Kasich at 13 percent, Mr. Cruz at 11 percent, Mrs. Fiorina at 10 percent, Mr. Rubio at 7 percent and Mr. Bush at 4 percent.
Twenty-nine percent of Republicans in Ohio said they would definitely not support Mr. Trump.
Read more: Washington Times
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Staffer Tries Fleeing Country After FBI Seize Bashed in Hard Drives
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- FBI Grabs Smashed Hard Drives from Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Aides
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Sessions, Priebus Soon to be Fired According to Trump Confidante
- Imam in America Prays for Complete ‘Annihilation’ of Jews, ‘Down To The Very Last One’
- Illegal Immigrant in New York Charged with Raping 12yr-Old Girl More than Once
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Holy Sh*t: Kurdish Female Fighter Narrowly Escapes Sniper Shot
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Trump Says ‘ObamaCare is torturing the American People’ as Republicans Head to Senate on Repeal Vote, With Surprise Attendance from McCain