Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has maintained his grip on the race for the 2016 GOP nomination in the swing states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, but retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson performs best among the Republicans in general election match-ups, according to polling released Wednesday by Quinnipiac University.
“Those who were waiting for Donald Trump’s campaign to collapse will need to wait longer — at least in the three key states of Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
Mr. Trump led the GOP field in Florida with 28 percent — up from 21 percent in August. Mr. Carson was next at 16 percent, followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 14 percent, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 12 percent, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina at 7 percent and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas at 6 percent.
Though Mr. Trump led the field, 29 percent of Republicans also said they would “definitely not” support him.
Mr. Trump also had a negative 35 percent/57 percent favorable/unfavorable split among general election voters, with 54 percent of voters saying he is not honest and trustworthy.
Mr. Trump trailed Vice President Joseph R. Biden, former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont by 14 points, 5 points, and 5 points, respectively. Mr. Carson, meanwhile, trailed Mr. Biden by 3 points, trailed Mrs. Clinton by 2 points and beat Mr. Sanders by 6 points — better margins than any other Republican.
In Ohio, Mr. Trump was at 23 percent among Republicans, compared to 21 percent in August. Mr. Carson was at 18 percent, followed by native son Gov. John Kasich at 13 percent, Mr. Cruz at 11 percent, Mrs. Fiorina at 10 percent, Mr. Rubio at 7 percent and Mr. Bush at 4 percent.
Twenty-nine percent of Republicans in Ohio said they would definitely not support Mr. Trump.
Read more: Washington Times
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- PERV ALERT: Group of Brooklyn Teens Grope Several Women
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment