Students could bring a small toy gun to school, point their finger like a gun or – yes – even brandish “a partially consumed pastry or other food item to simulate a firearm” under a bill that became one step closer to Nevada law on Thursday.
Basically, Nevada students could do everything short of possessing a real firearm and schools would be forbidden from punishing them, according to protections proposed in Assembly Bill 121.
Without debate, the Senate Committee on Education unanimously recommended AB121 to the full Senate on Tuesday. Having already passed the Assembly in a 24-17 vote, the bill only needs Senate approval and Gov. Brian Sandoval’s signature to become law.
The bill lists all kinds of weapon-related actions that would be protected from discipline in school:
• Doodling a gun or dangerous weapon on a sheet of paper.
• Twirling a pencil like a cowboy handling his revolver.
• Simulating a gun with building blocks.
• Wearing clothes depicting firearms or expressing an opinion regarding the constitutional right to bear arms.
That doesn’t mean students could do whatever they want with these simulated weapons.
Under the bill, students could still be disciplined for disrupting learning, causing bodily harm to others or making anyone believe they might be harmed.
Read more: rgj.com
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Parents Shackled Thirteen Children to Bed — Starving Them and Forcing to Recite the Bible
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- New ‘Sanctuary State’ Signs Posted on California Highways Perfectly Describe the Idiocy of the New Law
- INSANE: Cops Kill Puppy that was Walking Away From Them [VIDEO]
- Report: Research Firm Who Made Fake Trump Dossier Admits They Used McCain on Purpose
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- POWERFUL: Cop Stands in the Place of Student’s Deceased Parents at Graduation
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter