Students could bring a small toy gun to school, point their finger like a gun or – yes – even brandish “a partially consumed pastry or other food item to simulate a firearm” under a bill that became one step closer to Nevada law on Thursday.
Basically, Nevada students could do everything short of possessing a real firearm and schools would be forbidden from punishing them, according to protections proposed in Assembly Bill 121.
Without debate, the Senate Committee on Education unanimously recommended AB121 to the full Senate on Tuesday. Having already passed the Assembly in a 24-17 vote, the bill only needs Senate approval and Gov. Brian Sandoval’s signature to become law.
The bill lists all kinds of weapon-related actions that would be protected from discipline in school:
• Doodling a gun or dangerous weapon on a sheet of paper.
• Twirling a pencil like a cowboy handling his revolver.
• Simulating a gun with building blocks.
• Wearing clothes depicting firearms or expressing an opinion regarding the constitutional right to bear arms.
That doesn’t mean students could do whatever they want with these simulated weapons.
Under the bill, students could still be disciplined for disrupting learning, causing bodily harm to others or making anyone believe they might be harmed.
Read more: rgj.com
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Meet the Liberal Behind $10 MILLION Impeachment Plan Against Trump
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- Vegas Shooting Survivor: ‘One week I was running from bullets, the next I was running from fire’
- Madonna Posts ‘Vagina Tattoo’ for Women’s March to Protest Trump…
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…