Students could bring a small toy gun to school, point their finger like a gun or – yes – even brandish “a partially consumed pastry or other food item to simulate a firearm” under a bill that became one step closer to Nevada law on Thursday.
Basically, Nevada students could do everything short of possessing a real firearm and schools would be forbidden from punishing them, according to protections proposed in Assembly Bill 121.
Without debate, the Senate Committee on Education unanimously recommended AB121 to the full Senate on Tuesday. Having already passed the Assembly in a 24-17 vote, the bill only needs Senate approval and Gov. Brian Sandoval’s signature to become law.
The bill lists all kinds of weapon-related actions that would be protected from discipline in school:
• Doodling a gun or dangerous weapon on a sheet of paper.
• Twirling a pencil like a cowboy handling his revolver.
• Simulating a gun with building blocks.
• Wearing clothes depicting firearms or expressing an opinion regarding the constitutional right to bear arms.
That doesn’t mean students could do whatever they want with these simulated weapons.
Under the bill, students could still be disciplined for disrupting learning, causing bodily harm to others or making anyone believe they might be harmed.
Read more: rgj.com
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: ‘Confesses’ to Murdering Natalee Holloway in Undercover Video
- ‘I Can’t Thank You Enough’: Wounded Vet Surprises Gary Sinise During Interview [VIDEO]
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]