A Fayetteville city councilman says an armed stranger who walked into his church during a New Year’s Eve service handed over his rifle and prayed with the pastor before police arrived.
The Fayetteville Observer reports that the unidentified man entered Heal the Land Outreach Ministries about 11:40 p.m. as City Councilman Larry Wright was delivering his sermon to about 60 people.
Wright says the man was carrying the rifle in one hand, pointed up, and an ammunition clip in the other.
The 57-year-old retired soldier says when he asked the man if he needed help, the stranger was calm.
Read more: CBS News
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump