After backlash from police groups threatening to boycott his upcoming film, Quentin Tarantino stood by his comments about police brutality and said he wouldn’t be intimidated from voicing his opinion.
Tarantino said law enforcement groups are trying to bully him but he won’t back down even though they are singling him out ‘instead of dealing with the problem of police brutality in this country’.
As the talented director addressed the controversy for the first time, the Weinstein Company – the longtime distributor of Tarantino’s films – also broke its silence about the topic and said it supported Tarantino’s right to speak his mind freely.
Tarantino told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday about his critics: ‘Their message is very clear.
‘It’s to shut me down.
‘It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me.
‘It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.
He added: ‘I’m not being intimidated.
‘I’m not a cop hater. That is a misrepresentation.
‘That is not how I feel. All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.’
Weinstein Co, which will distribute December’s upcoming release The Hateful Eight, gave a statement to theHollywood Reporter.
It said: ‘The Weinstein Co. has a longstanding relationship and friendship with Quentin and has a tremendous amount of respect for him as a filmmaker.
‘We don’t speak for Quentin, he can and should be allowed to speak for himself.’
Tarantino told protesters at an anti-police brutality rally in NYC: ‘When I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.’
His comments provoked outrage from a growing number of police groups that have called for the boycott of The Hateful Eight.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- VIRAL VIDEO: New Trump Video Is MELTING The Internet — You HAVE To See This
- Colin Kaepernick Claims All 32 NFL Teams are ‘Conspiring Against Him’ — Files Grievance