After backlash from police groups threatening to boycott his upcoming film, Quentin Tarantino stood by his comments about police brutality and said he wouldn’t be intimidated from voicing his opinion.
Tarantino said law enforcement groups are trying to bully him but he won’t back down even though they are singling him out ‘instead of dealing with the problem of police brutality in this country’.
As the talented director addressed the controversy for the first time, the Weinstein Company – the longtime distributor of Tarantino’s films – also broke its silence about the topic and said it supported Tarantino’s right to speak his mind freely.
Tarantino told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday about his critics: ‘Their message is very clear.
‘It’s to shut me down.
‘It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me.
‘It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.
He added: ‘I’m not being intimidated.
‘I’m not a cop hater. That is a misrepresentation.
‘That is not how I feel. All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.’
Weinstein Co, which will distribute December’s upcoming release The Hateful Eight, gave a statement to theHollywood Reporter.
It said: ‘The Weinstein Co. has a longstanding relationship and friendship with Quentin and has a tremendous amount of respect for him as a filmmaker.
‘We don’t speak for Quentin, he can and should be allowed to speak for himself.’
Tarantino told protesters at an anti-police brutality rally in NYC: ‘When I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.’
His comments provoked outrage from a growing number of police groups that have called for the boycott of The Hateful Eight.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Protesters Interrupt Trump During Time For Prayer — The President’s Reaction Is Priceless
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Professor Publishes ‘#LetThemF*ckingDie’ Article About White People, Now Playing The Victim…
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost