After backlash from police groups threatening to boycott his upcoming film, Quentin Tarantino stood by his comments about police brutality and said he wouldn’t be intimidated from voicing his opinion.
Tarantino said law enforcement groups are trying to bully him but he won’t back down even though they are singling him out ‘instead of dealing with the problem of police brutality in this country’.
As the talented director addressed the controversy for the first time, the Weinstein Company – the longtime distributor of Tarantino’s films – also broke its silence about the topic and said it supported Tarantino’s right to speak his mind freely.
Tarantino told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday about his critics: ‘Their message is very clear.
‘It’s to shut me down.
‘It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me.
‘It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.
He added: ‘I’m not being intimidated.
‘I’m not a cop hater. That is a misrepresentation.
‘That is not how I feel. All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.’
Weinstein Co, which will distribute December’s upcoming release The Hateful Eight, gave a statement to theHollywood Reporter.
It said: ‘The Weinstein Co. has a longstanding relationship and friendship with Quentin and has a tremendous amount of respect for him as a filmmaker.
‘We don’t speak for Quentin, he can and should be allowed to speak for himself.’
Tarantino told protesters at an anti-police brutality rally in NYC: ‘When I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.’
His comments provoked outrage from a growing number of police groups that have called for the boycott of The Hateful Eight.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Anti-Trump Protester Shot in Groin With Tear-Gas Canister During Phoenix Rally [Video]
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- State Senator Who Called for Trump Assassination is Kicked Out of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Bust… A Move? 92yr-Old Woman and Police Officer Have a Dance Off [Watch]
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600
- VIDEO: Funny Man Jim Carrey Not So Funny Anymore — ‘Cold Dead Hand’ Music Video Mocs Gun Owners
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Trump’s Border Wall Gets Full Funding with $1.6BIL Price-Tag
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…