After backlash from police groups threatening to boycott his upcoming film, Quentin Tarantino stood by his comments about police brutality and said he wouldn’t be intimidated from voicing his opinion.
Tarantino said law enforcement groups are trying to bully him but he won’t back down even though they are singling him out ‘instead of dealing with the problem of police brutality in this country’.
As the talented director addressed the controversy for the first time, the Weinstein Company – the longtime distributor of Tarantino’s films – also broke its silence about the topic and said it supported Tarantino’s right to speak his mind freely.
Tarantino told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday about his critics: ‘Their message is very clear.
‘It’s to shut me down.
‘It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me.
‘It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.
He added: ‘I’m not being intimidated.
‘I’m not a cop hater. That is a misrepresentation.
‘That is not how I feel. All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.’
Weinstein Co, which will distribute December’s upcoming release The Hateful Eight, gave a statement to theHollywood Reporter.
It said: ‘The Weinstein Co. has a longstanding relationship and friendship with Quentin and has a tremendous amount of respect for him as a filmmaker.
‘We don’t speak for Quentin, he can and should be allowed to speak for himself.’
Tarantino told protesters at an anti-police brutality rally in NYC: ‘When I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.’
His comments provoked outrage from a growing number of police groups that have called for the boycott of The Hateful Eight.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CA Democrats Want to Spend $1 Billion So Illegal Immigrants Can Have…
- 90,000 Christians Killed Because of Faith and Joy Behar Decides to Mock Them [VIDEO]
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- POLL: TV Host Suggests Obama be Brought Back from Overseas by U.S. Marshals After What He Did to Trump — Do You Agree?
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Thug Grabs the Wrong Girl’s Butt, Gets KNOCKED OUT in Viral Video
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them