After backlash from police groups threatening to boycott his upcoming film, Quentin Tarantino stood by his comments about police brutality and said he wouldn’t be intimidated from voicing his opinion.
Tarantino said law enforcement groups are trying to bully him but he won’t back down even though they are singling him out ‘instead of dealing with the problem of police brutality in this country’.
As the talented director addressed the controversy for the first time, the Weinstein Company – the longtime distributor of Tarantino’s films – also broke its silence about the topic and said it supported Tarantino’s right to speak his mind freely.
Tarantino told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday about his critics: ‘Their message is very clear.
‘It’s to shut me down.
‘It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me.
‘It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.
He added: ‘I’m not being intimidated.
‘I’m not a cop hater. That is a misrepresentation.
‘That is not how I feel. All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.’
Weinstein Co, which will distribute December’s upcoming release The Hateful Eight, gave a statement to theHollywood Reporter.
It said: ‘The Weinstein Co. has a longstanding relationship and friendship with Quentin and has a tremendous amount of respect for him as a filmmaker.
‘We don’t speak for Quentin, he can and should be allowed to speak for himself.’
Tarantino told protesters at an anti-police brutality rally in NYC: ‘When I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.’
His comments provoked outrage from a growing number of police groups that have called for the boycott of The Hateful Eight.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Eminem Targets Gun Owners in New Song: ‘They Love Their Guns More Than Our Children’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- WHEELCHAIR JIHADIST: ISIS Latest Executioner is Handicapped
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- JESSE VENTURA: Not Going to See American Sniper Because ‘There is No Honor in Lying’