The word Satyagraha, popularized by Mahatma Gandhi, means “truth force.” Sometimes the truth is so overwhelming that passive resistance overcomes great odds.
Sometimes the truth only emerges when someone has the courage to expose deception to close scrutiny.
On March 12, 1930, Gandhi walked for 25 days and 241 miles to defy an unjust British law that prohibited the collection of salt in India, requiring India to import the salt from British merchants.
He was jailed for 9 months.
Gandhi marched against crony capitalism. He marched against a government that used force to grant privilege, a government that gave monopoly to the British and excluded the native born from opportunity.
In America, we still have various forms of favoritism and cronyism. Big business routinely takes the property of small landowners.
Just ask Vera Coking who lived in the same house for thirty years.
Ask Vera how she felt when Donald Trump enlisted the government to try and take her house.
What was so pressing that Trump needed to use government power to try to force an elderly widow from her own home? He desperately wanted Vera’s land to build a parking lot for limos adjacent to his casino.
In an article at National Review on the case, Robert Verbruggen said of Trump, “This man has a track record of using the government as a hired thug to take other people’s property.”
When Vera refused to sell, Trump used his puppets in the New Jersey Casino Reinvestment Development Authority to force her out.
She fought back in court and won.
In the Kelo case, the government seized 87-year-old widow Wilhelmina Derry’s house, which had been in her family for over 100 years. She was born in that house in 1918.
Wilhelmina and several of her neighbors objected when a bully corporation used the government to take her land and her house.
Read more: rare.us
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- What Is An Assault Rifle?
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer