Republican presidential candidate [score]Rand Paul[/score] said front-runner Donald Trump might be better off trying to join the Democrats in a debate, knocking the businessman for his past liberal positions.
“He has brought the debate, the presidential debate, the tenor of the debate to an historic low,” Paul told CNN’s Alisyn Camerota Thursday on “New Day.” “Maybe (he’s) afraid of the fact that he’s never voted in a Republican presidential primary. For 70 years, he’s been a progressive Democrat. I was wondering if maybe he’s going to show up for the Democrat primary debate next time.”
The senator said Trump wants to avoid discussing his business bankruptcies and desire to expand the power of the presidency.
“I think he does want to avoid difficult questions. And I think he’s used to getting his way,” Paul said.
Read more: CNN
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Senator Kamala Harris Completes ‘Democrat Stupidity Course’ After Tweeting this Moronic Statement on Illegal Immigration
- Identical Twin Studies Show the Only Gay Genes that Exist are Made by Versace
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- Obama Repeals ObamaCare
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office