India will allow women to take up combat roles in all sections of its army, navy and air force, President Pranab Mukherjee said, signaling a radical move towards gender parity in one of the world’s most male-dominated professions.
Most countries employ women in various roles in their armed forces but only a handful, including Australia, Germany, Israel and the United States, have allowed them to take on fighting, or combat, roles.
India, which has one of the largest armies in the world, has resisted such a move, citing concern over women’s vulnerability if captured and over their physical and mental ability to cope with the stress of frontline deployments.
Read more: Business Insider
- New York: MS-13 Announces Head Hunt on Police in Wanna-Be Sanctuary State, ‘Take Out a Cop’
- U.S., Mexico Border: Caravan of Refugees Show Up, Asking for Asylum
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- BREAKING: Massive Gun Grab is About to Rock 4.2 Million Social Security Recipients’ World
- David Hogg’s Newest “Boycott” Immediately Shutdown by Pro-Gun Activist Kyle Kashuv
- Lindsey Graham: Russia Probe to be ‘Considered a CRIMINAL Investigation’
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Illinois: County Declares Itself ‘Sanctuary County’ for Gun Owners
- WATCH: Dude PUNCHES Chick in the Face — Was it Justified?
- WATCH: Obama JOKES About Scalia’s Death
- Will You Sign? Jimmy Kimmel Boycott has Over 150,000 Signatures — All Started When Kimmel Mocked FLOTUS
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- EXPOSED: Trump ‘Groping’ Claims DEBUNKED By The Details–Spread The Word!
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?