According to the Marine Corps Times, military services are now telling Marine recruiters not to wear their uniforms in public as a security measure after the shooting in Chattanooga, TN. These measures were approved by Defense Secretary Ash Cater in an effort to increase security.
One soldier thinks this is not protecting anyone, but instead, allowing our military to cower in fear.
This is a reply from Sgt. Omar Avila, Army Infantry, which was sent to ClashDaily.com’s Doug Giles. Check it out:
Wait, wait, wait…. Instead of allowing us to be armed with firearms, which we are qualified and trained to do in combat, or allowing us to carry personal firearms with the right certifications, such as a handgun concealed license, the Obama administration wants us to cower in fear? What kind of message are we sending our Marines, Army, and other branches of our military? What kind of message are we sending to the terrorists who attacked us on American soil?
We’re expected to slay the enemy in foreign territory wearing our uniform mighty and proud, but when it happens in our home stead you’re asking us to hide and blend in with the rest of society? All because some coward attacked a soft target? Targets that the Executive Branch weakened in 1992 by D.O.D directives 5210.56, 5100.76, and 5143.01 were the immoral directives that were reissued in the aftermath of terrible tragedies in the Fort Hood and Navy Yard shootings.
Read more: Clash Daily
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump