A Muslim athlete and his wife had the perfect life — a beautiful baby girl, lavish house, and adoring fans all over the world. However, their disgustingly dark secret was exposed after police found out what they were doing to an 11-year-old girl.
According to the BBC, Bangladeshi cricketer Kazi Shahadat Hossain (Rajib) and his wife, 29-year-old Jasmine Jahan Nritto Shahadat, have been charged with employing and assaulting a minor, trivial charges for the brutality the young girl endured.
Neighbors found 11-year-old Mahfuza Akhter Happy bruised and crying as she was running down the street from the house where she was kept as a slave.
“When the house maid came inside the house, she opened the door,” Happy told CNN. “While the door was open, I ran out of the house. I was in a lot of pain. While I was walking on the road, people were staring at me. I covered my eye because it was bruised and it was hurting.”
The little girl courageously testified against her abusers, which sent the couple on the run from police. Now, the pair has been apprehended and charged with savagely torturing the poor child.
Hossain initially went to police in September, claiming that his maid had gone missing. After the girl came forward, he and his wife fled, only to turn themselves in on October 5. However, on Christmas Eve, Hossain grinned for a selfie with his wife, to which his Facebook friends praised Allah for his return.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that if convicted, Hossain and his wife face a maximum of 14 years in prison as well as fines. The couple is due to stand trial on January 12.
Read more: Mad World News
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- What Is An Assault Rifle?
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer