The Danish government suggests dropping the criminal record certificate requirement for refugees who want to work at nurseries and day-care centres for children.
In Denmark it is a legal requirement that nurseries, kindergartens and day-care centres for children obtain certificates on all staff that can come in direct contact with children under 15 years.
The certificate must ensure that the employee has not previously been convicted of sexual offenses against children.
But when the country’s municipalities want to send newly arrived refugees to work at day-care centres, it is often impossible to get hold of the necessary information in their home countries. And therefore, the government is now willing to change the law.
“As I read it, the government is on its way to open up for that refugees can be employed in day-care centres without a criminal record certificate. I think it is totally outrageous that one can consider loosen these rules that are intended to protect children from harm,” says spokeswoman Pernille Bendixen (DF) to Ekstra Bladet.
Read more: speisa.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall