DAVID Cameron was “warned radical Islamic groups including ISIS controlled refugee camps” from where Britain will fly in Syrian asylum seekers – BEFORE the Government began bringing in the first wave of 20,000, a shock new report claims.
The Prime Minister has come under under fire after the International Development Committee, which is investigating the Syrian refugee crisis, received evidence that ISIS and other Islamic extremist groups were running the camps within the war-torn country, but also in Lebanon and Jordan where the majority of the 20,000 heading for the UK are currently based.
A report by Barnabas Fund, an organisation which helps persecuted Christians across the globe, said Mr Cameron was told there were Islamic extremists within the refugee camps for displaced Syrians in Lebanon when he visited them in September, weeks BEFORE any of the refugees began coming to the UK.
Mr Cameron announced the extended number of asylum seekers in September after the harrowing image of the Syrian boy who drowned trying to get to Europe went around the globe.
The Barnabus report said: “In September 2015 Lebanon’s Education minister Elias Bou Saab told British Prime Minister David Cameron during a tour of refugee camps that some Syrian refugees travelling to Europe were Islamists, adding that this was also the case among those living in refugee camps.”
It added that “recent analysis” of the activity of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) among Syrian refugees in Lebanon found extremists were recruiting refugees in Lebanon.
It said: “While FSA does not seem to actively recruit among the refugees in Lebanon, radical Islamist groups appear to be active.”
The UK is taking 20,000 people from the camps over the next five years, with most coming from Lebanon after the Government struck a deal with the US that America would deal mainly with those in Jordan.
It had earlier been claimed ISIS members had infiltrated some camps, but this is the first claim they actually control them.
Mike Hookem MEP, UKIP defence spokesman, said he also believes the Lebanese camps have been infiltrated and said Mr Cameron needed to explain why he still took the decision armed with this information.
He said: “My sources in Lebanon have said for a long time that the refugee camps where Britain is sourcing the 20,000 refugees from are run by terrorists and are absolutely unsafe.
“If David Cameron did know about this and did not pay attention, at the very least, he needs to be hauled up in front of the Home Affairs Select Committee and answer these questions.
“We need make to make sure we have a Prime Minister who puts the welfare of the British people above the appearance of ‘doing the right thing’ in front of the international community.”
There are also serious concerns around refugee camps in Jordan, according to the report.
It said: “(A paper) on the links between rebel groups and Syrian refugees observed that in view of the fact that Jordanians constitute one of the largest groups of foreign fighters who have joined Islamic State it is extremely likely that they are recruiting within the Syrian refugee camps in Jordan.”
It highlighted an October report by the Assyrian International News Agency (AINA) which said Islamists “are now controlling camps for Syrian refugees in a similar manner to that in which the various Islamist Mujhaddin parties controlled refugee camps in Pakistan during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.”
Read more: express.co.uk
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Boy Scouts Given a New ‘Politically Correct’ Name
- SECOND AMENDMENT WIN: Application of Gun Control Act Shot Down by Federal Appellate Court
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?