Until the eve of his presidential campaign, Jeb Bush was director of a philanthropy that gave tens of millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood and financed its advocacy of “unrestricted access to abortion” around the world. The charity also approved money to global abortion providers while he sat on its board.
In 2010, Jeb was named one of the founding directors of the Bloomberg Family Foundation, established as a tax-exempt foundation to advance the vision of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. He resigned from the board at the end of 2014 to prepare his presidential campaign.
While a Bush spokesman has responded to concerns by saying that Bush would not have voted on every initiative of the foundation, a pro-life leader told LifeSiteNews it “stretches credibility” that Bush was unaware of the foundation’s pro-abortion work, given the centrality of such work to the foundation’s mission, and its scope.
LifeSiteNews reached out to Bush for comment, but did not hear back by press time.
$50 million to ‘reproductive health’ and Planned Parenthood
In March of 2014, the Bloomberg Philanthropies announced a $50 millionundertaking to expand “reproductive health,” including lobbying foreign nations to loosen restrictions on abortion.
Bloomberg announced a major partnership with Planned Parenthood-Global to train and equip abortion activists in pro-life countries.
“In 2014, we started supporting local nonprofit organizations in Burkina Faso, Senegal, Uganda, and Nicaragua to advocate for better policies in their countries that will expand access to comprehensive reproductive health services,” the foundation stated. “These organizations will receive technical assistance from Planned Parenthood Federation of America – Global Division to help augment their capacity for effective advocacy.”
Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards greeted the news by saying that “governments need to play a stronger role to ensure that all women have access to the health care they need” – including abortion – “no matter who they are, no matter where they live.”
“We’ll Push for Less Restrictive Abortion Laws”
“I am happy to say our major partner in this project will be Planned Parenthood – Global,” Bloomberg said. “In some countries, our funding will help advocates work towards better sexual health policies for teens and better access to contraceptives. In others, we’ll help push for less restrictive abortion laws and more government funding for high-quality, accessible services.”
Such advocacy was “necessary,” he continued, because “there are plenty of outside interest groups funding the other side of these issues, and we cannot let them go unanswered.”
“This is a fight to women control their own destinies,” Bloomberg said. “And let me tell you: We are in it to help them win it, and we’re gonna stay in it until they do.”
“Together we can succeed,” he concluded. “Thank you for this award. God bless.”
As head of a foundation with $5.4 billion in assets, which awards more than $200 million a year, the three-term mayor of New York has put his money where his mouth is.
Funding Global Abortion Providers
One aspect of his philanthropy’s overall health initiative is to underwrite “reproductive health services in the most remote areas of” Tanzania. Although all grants say they are intended “to reduce maternal deaths,” alongside the CDC and the World Lung Foundation, Bloomberg Philanthropies has funded two abortion providers.
In 2013, Bloomberg Philanthropies approved a a grant of $1,818,000 for EngenderHealth, and another $250,000 for Marie Stopes International – Tanzania.
“EngenderHealth works to ensure reproductive rights of Tanzanian women and their families by integrating family planning with HIV and comprehensive abortion care services,” the group states on its website.
The group also touts the fact that its expansion to all 26 regions of the country “has also contributed to an increase in uptake of long-acting and reversible methods,” especially Implanon. Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) work both by preventing conception and by “alterations in the endometrium,” which can cause an early abortion by preventing implantation.
Marie Stopes is known as a global abortion provider. MSI states that it only provides “post-abortion care” in Tanzania, where abortion is legal only to save the life of the mother.
But Marie Stopes officials have admitted that the group performs illegal abortions.
“We do illegal abortions all over the world,” Paul Cornellison, the director of Marie Stopes International in South Africa, said during a Marie Stopes International conference in 2007 in London – remarks that were caught on film. “There’s various options, you know, once we open a center there…if we can just get our foot in the door.”
In other nations, Bloomberg has supported advocates of unlimited, universal abortion-on-demand.
Read more: lifesitenews.com
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Watch: Televangelists’ Reason for Buying Private Jet is so They can ‘Talk to God’, Avoid Commercial Airliners with ‘Dope Filled… Demons’
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- MEXICAN ACTOR WHO HATES TRUMP: Danny Trejo Shows Up to High School, ‘There is a RACE Problem.’
- Not This Store: Store Owners Stand Guard with AR-15’s to Protect Business from Missouri Rioters
- Girl Describes Horrific Testimony of Escaping North Korea [WATCH]
- BOOM: After Trump’s ‘FAKE NEWS’ Comment, CNN’s Stocks Take a Hit