On Saturday, the Associated Press asked why the anti-Confederate flag sentiment that swept through much of the country during the summer somehow passed over Mississippi.
Efforts to remove the flag and statues associated with the Confederacy were seen in Alabama, California, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia, among other states following the June 17 attack on the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina.
But the Confederate flag logo remains in the Mississippi state flag and there are no serious legislative calls to change that. AP reports Gov. Phil Bryant (R) made clear he “wouldn’t call Mississippi legislators into special session this year to debate the flag.”
There are disparate pushes to get rid of the flag, but nothing around which everyone is unified.
For example, Mississippi House speaker Philip Gunn (R), who is also “a leader in his local Baptist church,” said his “faith” convinced him that Confederate flag is “a point of offense that needs to be removed.” But the Sons of Confederate Veterans and other proponents of the flag responded to Gunn with signs and bumper stickers which said, “Keep the Flag. Change the Speaker.”
Read more: breitbart.com
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Couple Caught Sexually Abusing Their Kids and Family Dog
- Parkland High School: Broward County Sheriff Captain Who Ordered Officers to Secure “Perimeter” Identified
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Second Amendment Group Has Surge of Membership at 1200% for 18-20 Year-Olds
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Dropped: Charges Against the Bundy Family are Dismissed
- Black Panther Trailer, ‘World is Changing… Soon There will be the Conquered and the Conquerors’
- DETAINED BUT READY TO MINGLE: Osama bin Laden’s Associate Creates Dating Profile from Gitmo
- Tinder Date Turns to Homicide: ‘Mama’s Boy’ Dismembers Woman’s Body