Hillary Clinton handily won the Nevada caucus Saturday, defeating Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in a crucial step on the way to the Democratic presidential nomination.
Nevada was seen as a contest in which Clinton could prove that she can beat Sanders by dominating among racial minorities. That’s also the conventional wisdom on South Carolina, which holds its Democratic primary next Saturday.
“I am so, so thrilled and so grateful to all of my supporters out there,” Clinton said during her victory celebration Saturday. “Some may have doubted us, but we never doubted each other.”
Clinton distinguished herself from Sanders by arguing that while she’s also angry about economic and racial inequality, she is the candidate with better solutions to address a broader range of problems.
“Americans are right to be angry, but we’re also hungry for real solutions,” she said. “In the campaign, you’ve heard a lot about Washington and Wall Street. We all want to get secret unaccountable money out of politics. That starts with appointing a new justice to the Supreme Court who will protect the right of every citizen to vote, not for every corporation to buy elections. … The truth is, we aren’t a single-issue country. We need more than a plan for the big banks, the middle class needs a raise and we need more jobs.”
The former secretary of state’s campaign was the first Democratic team to open field offices in the state last spring. In May, Clinton picked Nevada as the place tounveil her plan to reform the nation’s immigration system, which includes pushing for a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants and protecting them from deportation. Since then, she has held dozens of town hall meetings and organizing events across the state.
As polls showed a tightening race, Clinton’s campaign had begun to set expectations for a possible Sanders upset in the Silver State.
Read more: The Huffington Post
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Billy Graham’s Final Message to the World Before He Passed Away
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- Sex Robot Conference Proposes Child Sex Bots to ‘Cure’ Pedophilia
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- BARF IT’S HARF: Watch State Dep. Marie Harf’s Latest Interview, It’s Worse than her Last One
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- WATCH: When This Thug is Caught Messing with This Man’s Wife Things Get Bad Real Quick
- WATCH: Classmate of Nikolas Cruz Reported Him Multiple Times and Claims ‘He talked about killing our friends’