Hillary Clinton handily won the Nevada caucus Saturday, defeating Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in a crucial step on the way to the Democratic presidential nomination.
Nevada was seen as a contest in which Clinton could prove that she can beat Sanders by dominating among racial minorities. That’s also the conventional wisdom on South Carolina, which holds its Democratic primary next Saturday.
“I am so, so thrilled and so grateful to all of my supporters out there,” Clinton said during her victory celebration Saturday. “Some may have doubted us, but we never doubted each other.”
Clinton distinguished herself from Sanders by arguing that while she’s also angry about economic and racial inequality, she is the candidate with better solutions to address a broader range of problems.
“Americans are right to be angry, but we’re also hungry for real solutions,” she said. “In the campaign, you’ve heard a lot about Washington and Wall Street. We all want to get secret unaccountable money out of politics. That starts with appointing a new justice to the Supreme Court who will protect the right of every citizen to vote, not for every corporation to buy elections. … The truth is, we aren’t a single-issue country. We need more than a plan for the big banks, the middle class needs a raise and we need more jobs.”
The former secretary of state’s campaign was the first Democratic team to open field offices in the state last spring. In May, Clinton picked Nevada as the place tounveil her plan to reform the nation’s immigration system, which includes pushing for a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants and protecting them from deportation. Since then, she has held dozens of town hall meetings and organizing events across the state.
As polls showed a tightening race, Clinton’s campaign had begun to set expectations for a possible Sanders upset in the Silver State.
Read more: The Huffington Post
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Van Halen Icon Sammy Hagar Bashes Trump Haters, ‘Give Him a Chance’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!