The couple who carried out Wednesday’s San Bernadino attack hoped to cause even more carnage with a remote-controlled explosive device left at the scene.
Authorities discovered three pipe bombs lashed together in a bag at the Inland Regional Center after Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27, fled from the location in an SUV.
NBC News noted the remote car controller, apparently intended to set off the explosives, was similar to the one used to set off explosives in the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013, which took the lives of three people and injured 264 others.
NBC News reports:
[T]he California attackers and the Tsarnaev brothers seemed to be using designs found in multiple issues of Inspire magazine, the on-line publication of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
Authorities are investigating how the San Bernardino attackers learned to construct their devices, and are looking for any possible accomplices who might have helped them obtain the large supply of ammunition, bombmaking materials and any weapons that may not have been directly purchased by the suspects.
Read more: Western Journalism
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- Muslim Woman Linda Sarsour Shouts: ‘Muslims Should Not Assimilate’ – Fighting Trump ‘Form of Jihad’ [Watch]
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation