San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook contacted at least two Islamic terror organizations overseas before shooting 14 people dead along with wife Tashfeen Malik, it has been reported.
Farook allegedly had ‘some kind’ of contact with Al Nusra Front, an Al-Qaeda backed group in Syria, and al Shabaab in Somalia, according to an unnamed police source who spoke to the LA Times.
However, it is unclear what kind of contact took place, who Farook spoke to within the organizations and exactly what was said, the publication reported.
The news comes after a press conference on Friday in which lawyers for Farook’s family repeatedly denied that Wednesday’s attacks had anything to do with terrorism or Islam.
Al Shabaab commands up to 9,000 troops across Somalia and is dedicated to overthrowing the country’s government before imposing strict Sharia law.
It also carries out attacks aimed at destabilizing the surrounding region, including the Kenyan mall attack which killed 68 and wounded almost 200 in 2013, and the attack on Garissa University which killed 175 students earlier this year.
Meanwhile Al Nusra operates as Al Qaeda’s representatives in Syria, carrying out bombings in Damascus and Aleppo against Bashar Al Assad, before capturing the city of Idlib in March.
While they were initially set up as a precursor organization to ISIS, the two groups are now ideologically opposed.
It also comes after a picture surfaced showing the body Farook following the shootings, with his hands handcuffed behind his back and lying in a pool of his own blood.
The 28-year-old health department worker was killed in a shootout with police, hours after he and his radicalized Muslim wife opened fire at an office party.
The disturbing photo shows Farook, dressed in all black tactical gear, lying face down on a paved road, and a pool of blood below and to the right of his head. His arms are held behind his back with a pair of handcuffs.
The lower part of Farook’s face is not visible, so it’s hard to see the beard family members say he had been growing out.
The black tactical gear that Farook is wearing shows pockets and straps to store additional weapons and ammunition. Reports say the couple also wore GoPro cameras on their heads, to possibly record the bloodbath.
Police said the couple had more than 1,600 bullets when they were killed by authorities, and that the shooters had nearly 3,000 rounds of ammunition at their home, as well as 12 pipe bombs and tools that could be used to make explosive devices.
While police say they still don’t know what the motive for the attack was, it has since been revealed that Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had become radicalized in her Islamic faith and that the FBI will be investigating the deadly incident as a possible ‘act of terror’.
A Facebook executive said that the Pakistani-born woman posted a message on the website, praising Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State (aka ISIS or ISIL), during the attack.
She reportedly posted the material under an alias account at 11am. That was about the time the first 911 calls came in and when the couple were believed to have stormed into the San Bernardino social service center and opened fire.
Read more: Daily Mail
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Kim Jong-un Needs to be Terrified of Sec Def Mattis’ First Course of Action After NK Recent Missile Launch
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- The Female Celebrities Go on Attack: Anyone Who is a Trump Supporter, Especially Women, Should…
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]
- DAVID BOWIE’S FUNNIEST TV MOMENT: Rips to Shred Anti-Gun, Anti-Hunting Actor Ricky Gervais [WATCH]
- WATCH: Leaked Footage Shows Clintons Celebrating Election ‘Victory’… a Little Too Early [VIRAL VIDEO]
- Watch: Bannon Breaks His Silence After Leaving the White House — Throws Punches Left & Right
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary