San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook contacted at least two Islamic terror organizations overseas before shooting 14 people dead along with wife Tashfeen Malik, it has been reported.
Farook allegedly had ‘some kind’ of contact with Al Nusra Front, an Al-Qaeda backed group in Syria, and al Shabaab in Somalia, according to an unnamed police source who spoke to the LA Times.
However, it is unclear what kind of contact took place, who Farook spoke to within the organizations and exactly what was said, the publication reported.
The news comes after a press conference on Friday in which lawyers for Farook’s family repeatedly denied that Wednesday’s attacks had anything to do with terrorism or Islam.
Al Shabaab commands up to 9,000 troops across Somalia and is dedicated to overthrowing the country’s government before imposing strict Sharia law.
It also carries out attacks aimed at destabilizing the surrounding region, including the Kenyan mall attack which killed 68 and wounded almost 200 in 2013, and the attack on Garissa University which killed 175 students earlier this year.
Meanwhile Al Nusra operates as Al Qaeda’s representatives in Syria, carrying out bombings in Damascus and Aleppo against Bashar Al Assad, before capturing the city of Idlib in March.
While they were initially set up as a precursor organization to ISIS, the two groups are now ideologically opposed.
It also comes after a picture surfaced showing the body Farook following the shootings, with his hands handcuffed behind his back and lying in a pool of his own blood.
The 28-year-old health department worker was killed in a shootout with police, hours after he and his radicalized Muslim wife opened fire at an office party.
The disturbing photo shows Farook, dressed in all black tactical gear, lying face down on a paved road, and a pool of blood below and to the right of his head. His arms are held behind his back with a pair of handcuffs.
The lower part of Farook’s face is not visible, so it’s hard to see the beard family members say he had been growing out.
The black tactical gear that Farook is wearing shows pockets and straps to store additional weapons and ammunition. Reports say the couple also wore GoPro cameras on their heads, to possibly record the bloodbath.
Police said the couple had more than 1,600 bullets when they were killed by authorities, and that the shooters had nearly 3,000 rounds of ammunition at their home, as well as 12 pipe bombs and tools that could be used to make explosive devices.
While police say they still don’t know what the motive for the attack was, it has since been revealed that Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had become radicalized in her Islamic faith and that the FBI will be investigating the deadly incident as a possible ‘act of terror’.
A Facebook executive said that the Pakistani-born woman posted a message on the website, praising Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State (aka ISIS or ISIL), during the attack.
She reportedly posted the material under an alias account at 11am. That was about the time the first 911 calls came in and when the couple were believed to have stormed into the San Bernardino social service center and opened fire.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- REPORT: NFL Will Lose $500 Million as Fans Revolt
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media