Chalk it up to a small world or to a tangled web, but Uranium One, the Russian-owned uranium mining company at the center of a recent scandal involving the Clintons and a close Canadian business partner, has lobbied the State Department through a firm co-founded by Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign chairman.
Senate records show that The Podesta Group has lobbied the State Department on behalf of Uranium One — once in 2012, when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, and once in 2015.
Uranium One paid The Podesta Group $40,000 to lobby the State Department, the Senate, the National Park Service and the National Security Council for “international mining projects,” according to a July 20, 2012 filing.
Clinton left the State Department on Feb. 1, 2013.
And according to a disclosure filed April 20, Uranium One spent $20,000 lobbying the Senate and State Department on the same issue.
The Podesta Group was founded in 1988 by brothers Tony and John Podesta. Tony Podesta now heads the group while John Podesta, who has not worked for the family business for years but has been involved in plenty of other projects, leads Hillary Clinton toward a Democratic nomination.
Uranium One is significant because it fell under the corporate control of Rosatom, Russia’s atomic energy agency, through a series of transactions approved by Hillary Clinton’s State Department. Rosatom’s acquisition of Uranium One effectively gave Russia control of 20 percent of uranium in the U.S.
How all of that came to pass has fostered questions about how the Clintons operate their charity, the Clinton Foundation.
The Uranium One story starts in 2005 when Canadian mining magnate Frank Giustra and several business partners came to own a small mining company called UrAsia Energy.
Clinton flew with Giustra in September 2005 on a private jet to Kazakhstan. There, the mining tycoon negotiated with that nation’s mining agency, Kazataprom, for rights to three mines. After Clinton appeared publicly in support of Kazakhstan’s president, Nursultan Nazarbayev, who had just allegedly won an election with more than 90 percent of the vote, the mining deal was approved.
Read more: The Daily Caller
- REPORT: Hillary Got ‘PHYSICALLY VIOLENT’ After Losing–ATTACKED Staff and Had to be ‘Restrained’
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- THE KILL LIST: Islamic State has Released List of American Cities They Plan on Attacking
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Chick Fired for Flicking Off Trump’s Motorcade Gets Job Offer from Porn Company, Given $70k for…
- WATCH: Drake Defends Female Fans After Man Gropes Them During Concert
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind
- Father Abandons Wife & 7 Kids to Live as a 6yr-Old Girl [Video]
- VIDEO: Hillary Cries Hysterically After Losing–Blames Comey & Obama
- Skinny Dipping Biden: Female Secret Service Agents Hate Being Assigned to Biden, But Hillary is Worse
- California Gunman Kevin Janson Neal had History of Violence, Instability
- Texas Shooting Survivors Say Kelley Targeted Children — Would Shoot Them at…
- A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Syrian Rebels Release a Video of Them Shooting Islamic State Militants
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- TERRIFYING: Family Trapped in Their Vehicle as LIONS Fight Over Carcass Under the WHEEL
- Texas Shooting: Two Heroes Who Chased Down Shooter Reveal What Happened