As the current Ultimate Fighting Championship women’s bantamweight champion, it is often said that Ronda Rousey could easily step into the ring with men in the same sport.
But the MMA super star has revealed that she will never fight a man because she would never encourage any situation that allows a man to hit a woman.
Speaking on The Project in Australia on Tuesday evening, the blonde athlete explained: ‘I don’t think, as a professional sport, we can have situation where an entire stadium is cheering about a man hitting a woman’.
The 28-year-old is currently in Melbourne to promote her upcoming fight with boxing champion Holly Holm, which is taking place in Australia in November.
And she was quick to share her thoughts about those who have tried to discredit her chosen sport by arguing that it is too violent.
The Olympic medalist said: ‘If they think it’s just violent then it shows their ignorance to the sport.
‘They say the arm bar is such a terrible move, but when I did it at the Olympics I was called a hero.’
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump