More than 220 people died when a passenger jet crashed over Egypt, officials have said.
Seventeen children were among 224 people who died when an Airbus A-321 plane crashed over central Sinai on Saturday morning. There were no survivors, the Egyptian government said.
The plane was carrying 214 Russian passengers and three when it went down shortly after taking off from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, according to authorities.
Metrojet flight 7K926 was destined for St Petersburg’s Pulkovo airport and had taken off from Egypt at around 3.51 GMT.
The plane, operated by Russian airline Kogalymavia, had disappeared from air traffic control monitors around 23 minutes after take-off.
Security services at the crash site had previously said they believed they could hear voices among the wreckage, but the Associated Press news agency later cited Egyptian officials as saying there were no survivors.
Officials at the crash site near the city of el-Arish said the plane had split in two, and bodies were reportedly seen strapped to seats amid the wreckage.
Read more: standard.co.uk
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- The cop-killer bullet myth
- Religion Of Peacer RAPES Little Girl, Years Later She Returns … With A VENGEANCE
- At least one Tsarnaev pal, Azamat Tazhayakov, arrested today was here illegally
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives