As the FBI probes whether the marriage between Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik was arranged by a terror group, questions have been raised over the union of another couple linked to the killers.
Earlier today it was revealed that Enrique Marquez, the ‘nerdy’ best friend of Farook who bought the assault rifles used in last week’s atrocity, was married to Farook’s sister-in-law Mariya Chernykh.
The relationship may have been a sham, however, as Chernykh regularly posted images of herself with another man, Oscar Romero, along with pictures of a girl the pair refer to as their daughter.
The new link between Marquez and Farook emerged from reports which show a complex string of relationships tying the two together.
According to an ABC News investigation, Russian-born Chernykh came to the U.S. in 2009 in order to visit her sister Tatiana, who was already living legally in this country.
Tatiana had settled in the U.S. after marrying Syed Raheel Farook, decorated Navy-veteran brother of California gunman Syed Rizwan Farook, records show.
While Chernykh had not originally intended to stay in America, she found that she liked life in this country – working selling phone cases inside a mall for a kiosk that Tatiana owned.
While she dated other men at first, eventually Chernykh was introduced to Marquez, though exactly how they met is a mystery.
The pair eventually got married in November 2014, with Raheel Farook and Tatiana acting as witnesses, documents show
On a subsequent citizenship application, Raheel Farook is shown acting as a guarantor for Marquez, vouching that he had enough money to support his new spouse.
Marquez was also known to be a close friend of Syed Rizwan Farook, with one neighbor telling journalists that the pair had close since childhood.
At one point the pair lived next door to one-another in Riverside, California, before Farook moved to Redlands, where he was living at the time of the attack, police said.
Even after the move, Farook was a common site at Marquez’ house, often going there to practice his hobby of working on cars, locals said.
Despite having close links to both Farook brothers, Marquez appears to have been markedly more distant with his ‘wife’ Chernykh.
ABC reports that Chernykh’s was very close to another man by the name of Oscar Romero in the time she was supposed to have been with Marquez.
Records show that Chernykh shared an address with Romero, rather than with Marquez, and that the pair frequently posed for pictures together on social media sites.
Read more: Daily Mail
- REPORT: Hillary Got ‘PHYSICALLY VIOLENT’ After Losing–ATTACKED Staff and Had to be ‘Restrained’
- Skinny Dipping Biden: Female Secret Service Agents Hate Being Assigned to Biden, But Hillary is Worse
- Watch: When Americans ‘Steal’ Illegal Immigrants’ Job
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- VIDEO: Hillary Cries Hysterically After Losing–Blames Comey & Obama
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- Bill Clinton Finally Being Targeted for His Sexual Abuse to Women [WATCH]
- Faith Hill Touts for ‘Common Sense’ Gun Control: NRA Needs to ‘Tell the Truth’ on Guns
- FLASHBACK: Bill Clinton ‘Jokes’–Sometimes I Wish I Weren’t Married
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Ladies, Don’t Rely on These Men to Protect You — [email protected] Yourself [LOL Video]
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Ex-Obama Official, Rosa Brooks, Suggest MILITARY COUP to Get Rid of Trump… Good Luck Lady
- Jimmy Kimmel Writes ‘Dear Crazies’ Tweet to Gun Owners — Is He Out Of Line?
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- The Rifle Mass Shooter Devin Patrick Kelley Used and How he was DENIED License to Carry
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind