As the FBI probes whether the marriage between Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik was arranged by a terror group, questions have been raised over the union of another couple linked to the killers.
Earlier today it was revealed that Enrique Marquez, the ‘nerdy’ best friend of Farook who bought the assault rifles used in last week’s atrocity, was married to Farook’s sister-in-law Mariya Chernykh.
The relationship may have been a sham, however, as Chernykh regularly posted images of herself with another man, Oscar Romero, along with pictures of a girl the pair refer to as their daughter.
The new link between Marquez and Farook emerged from reports which show a complex string of relationships tying the two together.
According to an ABC News investigation, Russian-born Chernykh came to the U.S. in 2009 in order to visit her sister Tatiana, who was already living legally in this country.
Tatiana had settled in the U.S. after marrying Syed Raheel Farook, decorated Navy-veteran brother of California gunman Syed Rizwan Farook, records show.
While Chernykh had not originally intended to stay in America, she found that she liked life in this country – working selling phone cases inside a mall for a kiosk that Tatiana owned.
While she dated other men at first, eventually Chernykh was introduced to Marquez, though exactly how they met is a mystery.
The pair eventually got married in November 2014, with Raheel Farook and Tatiana acting as witnesses, documents show
On a subsequent citizenship application, Raheel Farook is shown acting as a guarantor for Marquez, vouching that he had enough money to support his new spouse.
Marquez was also known to be a close friend of Syed Rizwan Farook, with one neighbor telling journalists that the pair had close since childhood.
At one point the pair lived next door to one-another in Riverside, California, before Farook moved to Redlands, where he was living at the time of the attack, police said.
Even after the move, Farook was a common site at Marquez’ house, often going there to practice his hobby of working on cars, locals said.
Despite having close links to both Farook brothers, Marquez appears to have been markedly more distant with his ‘wife’ Chernykh.
ABC reports that Chernykh’s was very close to another man by the name of Oscar Romero in the time she was supposed to have been with Marquez.
Records show that Chernykh shared an address with Romero, rather than with Marquez, and that the pair frequently posed for pictures together on social media sites.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- EPIC: Loan Asian Man Silences Group of Protestors with One Simple Phrase [WATCH]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- U.S. Warns Iran of Military Action, They Respond With a Slap to Our Face — Is it Time to Hit Back?
- Oprah: Supports Jihad, Genocide, and Falsely Accuses People of Racism
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- Watch: Video Reveals Twitter Engineers Purposely Censor People They ‘Disagree With’
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending