As the FBI probes whether the marriage between Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik was arranged by a terror group, questions have been raised over the union of another couple linked to the killers.
Earlier today it was revealed that Enrique Marquez, the ‘nerdy’ best friend of Farook who bought the assault rifles used in last week’s atrocity, was married to Farook’s sister-in-law Mariya Chernykh.
The relationship may have been a sham, however, as Chernykh regularly posted images of herself with another man, Oscar Romero, along with pictures of a girl the pair refer to as their daughter.
The new link between Marquez and Farook emerged from reports which show a complex string of relationships tying the two together.
According to an ABC News investigation, Russian-born Chernykh came to the U.S. in 2009 in order to visit her sister Tatiana, who was already living legally in this country.
Tatiana had settled in the U.S. after marrying Syed Raheel Farook, decorated Navy-veteran brother of California gunman Syed Rizwan Farook, records show.
While Chernykh had not originally intended to stay in America, she found that she liked life in this country – working selling phone cases inside a mall for a kiosk that Tatiana owned.
While she dated other men at first, eventually Chernykh was introduced to Marquez, though exactly how they met is a mystery.
The pair eventually got married in November 2014, with Raheel Farook and Tatiana acting as witnesses, documents show
On a subsequent citizenship application, Raheel Farook is shown acting as a guarantor for Marquez, vouching that he had enough money to support his new spouse.
Marquez was also known to be a close friend of Syed Rizwan Farook, with one neighbor telling journalists that the pair had close since childhood.
At one point the pair lived next door to one-another in Riverside, California, before Farook moved to Redlands, where he was living at the time of the attack, police said.
Even after the move, Farook was a common site at Marquez’ house, often going there to practice his hobby of working on cars, locals said.
Despite having close links to both Farook brothers, Marquez appears to have been markedly more distant with his ‘wife’ Chernykh.
ABC reports that Chernykh’s was very close to another man by the name of Oscar Romero in the time she was supposed to have been with Marquez.
Records show that Chernykh shared an address with Romero, rather than with Marquez, and that the pair frequently posed for pictures together on social media sites.
Read more: Daily Mail
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner
- Officer Mohamed Noor Refuses to Cooperate With Investigators After Shooting Dead Yoga Teacher
- Trump Admin Wins Second Time with Travel Ban, Strict Enforcement…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Susan Rice Is Not Going to Testify About Unmasking Trump Supporters
- College Students Love Socialism, But Can’t Define It [VIDEO]
- Yoga Teacher Shot Down by Police After Calling in a Possible Assault
- Krauthammer Calls GOP Repeal and Replace an ‘Epic Fail’, Reveals Why in Detail
- This Dude Says ‘Diversity’ is Code Word for ‘Non-White’, Do You Agree? [Video]
- Kid Rock Releases Senate Platform: ‘If You Work Your Butt Off and Pay Taxes…’
- Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz: Liberals Searching for ‘Crimes That Don’t Exist’