An Egyptian born Imam who has publically supported the death penalty for those who choose to leave Islam has since been hired by the Department of Justice to teach Islam in prisons.
Fouad al-Bayly, the Imam of the Islamic Center of Johnstown, Pennsylvania, said in 2007 that Ayan Hirsi Ali, a Somalian women’s rights activist and fierce critic of Islam, deserves to die for her public attacks on the faith. She regards Islam as damaging to women, in part due to her own experience suffering female genital mutilation as a child.
Ali was scheduled to speak at the nearby University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown in 2007, and al-Bayly was involved in protesting against her visit. He told local newspapers: “If you come into the faith, you must abide by the laws, and when you decide to defame it deliberately, the sentence is death.”
This is a mainstream view among Islamists. Hardline cleric Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi
Read more: clarionproject.org
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- When Marco Met Ivanka: The Most Awkward Hug in Political History
- GROSS! What Women are Doing in the Name of Feminism Will Make You Puke
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Trump Sends Kim Jong-un a Loud and Clear Message After Otto’s Death
- Terrorist Knifeman Attacks Cop at Airport Shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ [VIDEO]
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Trevor Noah Targets NRA: ‘How Does a Black Person Not Get Shot in America?’ [VIDEO]
- New Report Exposes Millions of Illegal Immigrants Have Voted in U.S. Elections
- Photo Gallery