If the Republican Party finds itself with an open convention in July, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker believes the nominee may not be Donald Trump, Ted Cruz or John Kasich.
“I think if it’s an open convention, it’s very likely it would be someone who’s not currently running,” Walker told reporters Thursday. “I mean, who knows. The one thing I qualify — it’s like the qualifications you see on those ads you see for car dealerships. I think any of us who comment on this election have to qualify that almost every prediction’s been off, so it’s hard to predict anything.”
The governor, who ended his own presidential campaign in September, has yet to endorse a candidate. He plans to decide whether to endorse within the next few days, he said.
Walker spoke to a few reporters in Madison after signing into law a bipartisan bill creating a dietetic internship program in the state’s Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program.
“I think it might be one of the days where the weather trumps Trump,” he joked, adding that that was probably “wishful thinking.”
He declared a state of emergency on Tuesday as a precautionary measure for the winter storm blanketing the state with freezing rain and snow.
Candidates on both sides of the aisle are ramping up their presence in Wisconsin as the state’s April 5 presidential primary approaches. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is set to tour Dane Manufacturing in the village of Dane on Thursday afternoon, with a rally in Janesville in the evening. Hespoke Wednesday night at an event hosted by conservative radio host Charlie Sykes.
Ohio Gov. John Kasich held a town hall in Wauwatosa on Wednesday, and real estate mogul Donald Trump announced a rally in Janesville next week.
No Democratic rallies have been scheduled yet, but Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Hillary Clinton, is scheduled to campaign on behalf of the former Secretary of State in Milwaukee, Madison and Waukesha on Thursday.
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- BREAKING: Republicans Delay Health Care Vote, Not Enough…
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- EXCLUSIVE: American Patriot & [email protected] Chuck Taylor Discusses Defensive Handgun Shooting [WATCH]