If the Republican Party finds itself with an open convention in July, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker believes the nominee may not be Donald Trump, Ted Cruz or John Kasich.
“I think if it’s an open convention, it’s very likely it would be someone who’s not currently running,” Walker told reporters Thursday. “I mean, who knows. The one thing I qualify — it’s like the qualifications you see on those ads you see for car dealerships. I think any of us who comment on this election have to qualify that almost every prediction’s been off, so it’s hard to predict anything.”
The governor, who ended his own presidential campaign in September, has yet to endorse a candidate. He plans to decide whether to endorse within the next few days, he said.
Walker spoke to a few reporters in Madison after signing into law a bipartisan bill creating a dietetic internship program in the state’s Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program.
“I think it might be one of the days where the weather trumps Trump,” he joked, adding that that was probably “wishful thinking.”
He declared a state of emergency on Tuesday as a precautionary measure for the winter storm blanketing the state with freezing rain and snow.
Candidates on both sides of the aisle are ramping up their presence in Wisconsin as the state’s April 5 presidential primary approaches. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is set to tour Dane Manufacturing in the village of Dane on Thursday afternoon, with a rally in Janesville in the evening. Hespoke Wednesday night at an event hosted by conservative radio host Charlie Sykes.
Ohio Gov. John Kasich held a town hall in Wauwatosa on Wednesday, and real estate mogul Donald Trump announced a rally in Janesville next week.
No Democratic rallies have been scheduled yet, but Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Hillary Clinton, is scheduled to campaign on behalf of the former Secretary of State in Milwaukee, Madison and Waukesha on Thursday.
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- BARBARIC: Two White Teenagers Beat Black Friend Hold her Down to Get Raped
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Taking Up Arms: NJ Couple Brutally Beaten and Sexually Assaulted Become Gun Owners
- Maxine Waters: ‘I think too much credit is given to presidents about how the markets are working…’
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Syrians React to Trump’s Bombing of Airbase… LOVE What the President Did
- BACON BATTALION: ISIS Militants KILLED by Unexpected Fighters
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- VETPAW: Anti-Poaching Unit Shut-Down because this Woman Said…
- Little Girl and Her Puppet STUN America’s Got Talent Judges in Most AMAZING Act
- Hurricane Harvey Dumps 11 Trillion Gallons of Water on Houston, Thousands of People are…