The first two women to graduate from Ranger School have had their elite status questioned amid claims that Army officials vowed to pass at least one of them before the course even started.
Back in January a general is claimed to have told his subordinates that ‘a woman will graduate Ranger School’ this year, as part of the first ever class to include serving female soldiers.
The general, who has not been named, reportedly added: ‘At least one will get through’, according to People.
In August, Capt Shaye Haver and First Lt Kristen Griest became the first two women to graduate from the school, having taken four months to pass all the tests.
According to unnamed sources, quoted by People, the general’s words had a ‘ripple effect’ through the ranks at Fort Benning, where part of the training takes place, leading to the women being given lenient treatment.
People’s sources claim that shortly after the general’s comments were made, the women were sent to a special training camp to prepare them for Ranger School along with some of the men.
However, while the men were given a strict pass-no pass standard to meet, the sources claim that the women were allowed to attempt the course as many times as they liked.
Once that was completed, multiple sources say the female hopefuls were then taken to Fort Benning itself, where they spent several months being given intense preparation for the course.
This phase of training was open only to the women, the sources say, while the men were simply told to report to Ranger School when the training opening in April.
During this preparation period, it is claimed that the women were given nutritional advice, and coached on how to pass the school by star graduate Sergeant First Class Robert Hoffnagle.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- PERV ALERT: Group of Brooklyn Teens Grope Several Women
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment