A self-described “Moroccan living in the UK” has been appointed serjeant at arms at the House of Commons, a role which requires him to sit in the Chamber and carry the mace. Kamal El-Hajji, the first non-white in the 600 year old post, will take up the job with “the help of Allah”.
The serjeant at arms is responsible for security and keeping order within the Commons part of the parliamentary estate, as well as playing an historic ceremonial role in life of the Parliament. In return, he is remunerated with a salary of £80,000 plus a grace and favour property on the parliamentary estate, meaning that Mr El-Hajji will be living within the grounds of Britain’s Parliament.
However, questions regarding his suitability have been raised following a number of questionable tweets, now deleted from his account.
Currently, Mr El-Hajji describes himself on Twitter as “Very Passionate about Customer Service, Hospitality, Executive Protection and Aikido,” but according to The Times, until recently he described himself on the social networking site as “a Moroccan living in the UK.”
In a tweet directed to a Moroccan politician he made the same point again, tweeting: “It’s a pleasure to follow you sir, as a Moroccan living in UK, who is proud and loyal to both kingdoms.” That tweet has now been deleted.
And he has flown in the face of civil service convention by using Twitter to assert his political stance. In April, he took to the site to wish Sadiq Khan, Labour’s candidate for London Mayor good luck in the contest, tweeting “We have faith in you and we know you can do it”. That tweet too has now been deleted.
Read more: Breitbart
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Watch: Protesters Destroy Confederate Monument in North Carolina to ‘Smash White Supremacy’
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- American Airlines Flight Bursts into Flames During Takeoff in Chicago
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”