It’s too much to say, at this point, that the actual shooting of LaVoy Finicum, who participated in the “occupation” of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in January, might be deemed criminal.
But forensic work done by the sheriff’s department of Deschutes County, Oregon suggests that some or all of the FBI agents involved in that 26 January incident were less than truthful in giving their account of events afterward.
That’s likely to fan the flames of anger about the treatment of ranchers by federal agencies. It has prompted a joint investigation by the Deschutes County sheriff and the inspector general of the U.S. Justice Department – and it could lead to charges against the agents.
At the center of the investigation is a bullet hole in the vehicle LaVoy Finicum was ordered to exit from, just before he was killed, apparently by FBI gunfire. Les Zaitz at the Oregonian has the story:
Investigators from the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office could account for bullet holes in the left front hood, the driver’s side mirror and the front grille. They came from the automatic weapon of a state trooper who had fired three times at the truck as Finicum raced at 70 mph toward a police roadblock on Jan. 26.
The angle of a fourth bullet hole didn’t match the others.
An elaborate computer analysis, a review of the FBI aerial video of the shooting scene and a video from a passenger in Finicum’s pickup produced a result that startled the team poring over evidence into Finicum’s fatal shooting that day.
The fourth round, police concluded, was fired by an FBI agent who subsequently twice denied to investigators ever firing his gun. As the investigation proceeded, detectives determined he also fired a second time, but didn’t hit anything at the scene.
One investigator working on the task force pulled together by the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office reported that he had been told soon after the shooting that two state troopers and two FBI agents had fired. He said the FBI agents approached him later to say they hadn’t fired their weapons.
Read more: Liberty Unyielding
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Austin Bomber’s 25min Confession Tape
- Voters Support Arming Teachers After Parkland High School Shooting — Are You One of Them?
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- Trump and Kim Jong-un to Meet, No the World is Not Ending
- WATCH–Bernie Gets SHOUTED DOWN by Supporters for Asking Them to VOTE for Hillary
- Obama is sinking America
- Terrorist attack ‘bigger than 7/7’ thwarted by British MI5, cops
- THE WALKING DEAD: 33 People COLLAPSE in the City of New York–You Will be SHOCKED Why
- ALLEN WEST: The Lie the GOP Leadership Told Me
- DRUNK TEXAS STATE REP: Dan Huberty Goes OFF THE WALL Over One Simple Question, Attempts to Get Violent [WATCH]
- Stop John Kerry & The UN From Taking Your Guns
- Jailed White House LEAKER Believes ‘Being White is Terrorism’
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?