A North Carolina sheriff’s office is weighing charges of inciting a riot against Donald Trump or his campaign stemming from a Trump supporter’s alleged assault against a protester during a rally last week.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement Monday its investigation “is not complete” and that it is probing “the potential of whether there was conduct on the part of Mr. Trump or the Trump campaign which rose to the level of inciting a riot.”
“Our investigation is not complete as to the incidents of Wednesday, March 9, 2016,” the Sheriff’s office said in a statement, referring to the date of Trump’s rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Police arrested 78-year-old John McGraw and charged him with assault on protester Rakeem Jones after multiple videos surfaced online showing McGraw attempting to punch Jones, hitting him in the face with his elbow.
Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks flatly rejected the premise of the investigation into Trump’s role in the violent altercation.
“It is the protesters and agitators who are in violation, not Mr.Trump or the campaign,” Hicks said Monday in a statement.
Hicks added that Trump’s speech was “extremely well thought out and well received” and instead focused on the role of protesters, who she said “in some cases … used foul language, screamed vulgarities and made obscene gestures, annoying the very well behaved audience.”
Read more: CNN
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Watch: Mother and Daughter Defeat Armed Robber Because They Carry a Gun
- Mugger Shot Down: Girl Shoots Man Trying to Steal Her Purse [VIDEO]
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Boy Scouts Given a New ‘Politically Correct’ Name
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- SECOND AMENDMENT WIN: Application of Gun Control Act Shot Down by Federal Appellate Court
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- How Trump is Helping Women Break More Glass Ceilings than Hillary Ever Did
- #WarriorChick: Female University Graduate Carries AR-10 on Campus