Police on Wednesday shot the hammer-wielding maniac who randomly attacked four people during a bloody rampage around Manhattan, law enforcement sources said.
The bearded suspect, identified as 30-year-old David Baril, is in critical but stable condition at Bellevue Hospital.
Around 10 a.m., two Midtown South cops were leaving the scene of an unrelated assault at 38th Street and 8th Avenue when they recognized Baril as the madman who attacked four people on Monday.
As they approached the suspect, Baril turned around, pulled out his hammer and “violently started swinging” it at Officer Lauren O’Rouke with the claw end of the tool at 37th Street and 8th Avenue.
She began backing away into the intersection and fell down. Her partner, Geraldo Casaigne, fired at Baril four times, striking him twice.
Read more: NY Post
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- VETPAW: Anti-Poaching Unit Shut-Down because this Woman Said…
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- TIGHT SQUEEZE: Bear Attempts Breaking into Man’s House but Gets Caught in the Act, Literally
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?