Police on Wednesday shot the hammer-wielding maniac who randomly attacked four people during a bloody rampage around Manhattan, law enforcement sources said.
The bearded suspect, identified as 30-year-old David Baril, is in critical but stable condition at Bellevue Hospital.
Around 10 a.m., two Midtown South cops were leaving the scene of an unrelated assault at 38th Street and 8th Avenue when they recognized Baril as the madman who attacked four people on Monday.
As they approached the suspect, Baril turned around, pulled out his hammer and “violently started swinging” it at Officer Lauren O’Rouke with the claw end of the tool at 37th Street and 8th Avenue.
She began backing away into the intersection and fell down. Her partner, Geraldo Casaigne, fired at Baril four times, striking him twice.
Read more: NY Post
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Meet the Liberal Behind $10 MILLION Impeachment Plan Against Trump
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- HuffPo Writer Claims Trump Needs to be EXECUTED Because Impeachment is No Longer Enough
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Colin Kaepernick Claims All 32 NFL Teams are ‘Conspiring Against Him’ — Files Grievance
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’