This is why Americans love Donald Trump and honestly, while I don’t personally support his candidacy, this is why I hope his campaign does remain near the center stage. Trump’s candidacy may very well be able to stem the tsunami of political correctness that threatens to scuttle our free speech-loving nation. For the last few years we’ve been mired in a culture run by despotic speech police, who are constantly announcing their offense at some newly-imagined slight. Into that context steps the utterly un-PC Donald Trump to smash those idols of political correctness and to announce ‘ain’t nobody give a damn’ about your feelings.
And America is eating it up.
It seems likely that the vast majority of us have grown tired of the constant whining from leftist twerps about their feelings being hurt by random comments from celebrities, politicians, and business people. Trump is our avatar of release. He stands on the cultural stage and bellows at the top of his voice, “We will NOT be cowed by you speech terrorists any longer!” And we (yes, even those of us who don’t necessarily want to see him as president) love him for it. He says what we all wish we could say and he does it unapologetically and with a smile on his face. He is the ultimate anti-PC happy warrior.
The most recent example of his affinity for this fight came last week when Trump was speaking about the problem of “anchor babies” when a reporter in the crowd suggested the term was offensive and that instead Trump should refer to them as “The American-born child of an undocumented immigrant.”
Here are his comments that include the “offensive term”:
Reporter: Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby,’ that’s an offensive term? People find that hurtful.
Trump: You mean it’s not politically correct, and yet everybody uses it? So, you know what? Give me a different term. Give me a different term. What else would you like me to say?
Reporter: The American-born child of an undocumented immigrant.
Trump: “You want me to say that. OK, No. I’ll use the word anchor baby…. Excuse me. I’ll use the word anchor baby.”
Read more: libertyunyielding.com
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- PRINCE CLAIMS: Saudi Arabia Has FUNDED Hillary Clinton Campaign from Beginning
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution