GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Sunday that Saudi Arabia is not properly compensating America for its diplomatic partnership.
Trump called on Riyadh to share its vast wealth with the U.S. in exchange for the alliance between the two nations.
“They make a billion dollars a day,” he told host Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
“Saudi Arabia, if it weren’t for us, they wouldn’t be here,” Trump said. “They wouldn’t exist.”
“They should pay us,” he added. “Like it or don’t like it, people have backed Saudi Arabia. What I really mind though is we back it at tremendous expense. We get nothing for it.”
Trump argued on Sunday that global economics is shifting the balance of power away from Saudi Arabia.
“The primary reason we are with Saudi Arabia is because we need the oil,” he said. “Now, we don’t need the oil so much.”
Read more: The Hill
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall