The Vatican officially recognized a Palestinian state on Friday by signing a treaty and said it hoped the step would promote peace with Israel.
Vatican Foreign Minister Paul Gallagher said he hoped the Holy See’s recognition “may in some way be a stimulus to bringing a definitive end to the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”
He signed the treaty with his Palestinian counterpart, Riad al-Malki, and said it could be a model for other Middle Eastern countries.
Israel expressed its disappointment last month when the Vatican announced a final agreement on the treaty, regulating the Catholic Church in Palestinian territories.
Read more: NBC News
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- HOUSE REPORT: War on ISIS is NOT Going Well, Government LIED so Obama Would Look Good
- Muslim Chick Urges to ‘Stand Together’ While Wearing Burka with Pistol, Grenade, Blade, Machine Gun That Spelled Out…
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- WATCH: Idiot Writer Claims Americans Have NEVER Used Guns To Protect…
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens