Amy Schumer managed to mock America’s gun laws, slate the Kardashians, pretend to have sex with a school student, shame last week’s star guest Hillary Clinton and delve into the Planned Parenthood row – all in her first night as Saturday Night Live host.
The comedian and Trainwreck star seemed set on offending most sectors of the American population as she launched her blistering attacks on a wide range of hot topics.
Perhaps most controversially, she starred in a sketch about gun control, an issue that has divided in nation in the wake of school shootings.
On Friday, one person was killed and three injured at Northern Arizona University in a fight that involved fraternity members. Later that day a shooting at a student complex near Texas Southern University left one person dead.
Also on Friday, Barack Obama was visiting families of the nine students killed at at Umpqua Community College on October 1.
But just one day later, SNL was featuring a parody gun commercial in which different people were shown in ‘meaningful’ situations with a gun in tow.
One couple met at a party, another were on their way to the hospital to have a baby, another jogged in the park, a grandfather and grandson sat down to bond, and a woman, played by Schumer, waited for a romantic date. The video then asked what they all have in common – the answer being guns.
‘Guns are there in little moments and big ones,’ said the commercial as a gun began to appear in every scenario.
The pregnant woman took her gun with her into the hospital as she was about to give birth.
A woman carried her pistol with her while on her run.
Schumer opened a box at the dinner table and inside was a gun that she then used to caress her date’s face. She later took the gun with her to bed as she held her loved one.
‘They unite us, comfort us and bring us strength. Wherever life takes you. Guns, they’re here to stay,’ concludes the sarcastic skit.
Schumer has spoken out on gun control laws before, most notably in the wake of the Lafayette movie theatre massacre in July, when a gunman shot 11 people, killing two, before turning the gun on himself at a screening of Schumer’s Trainwreck in the Louisiana venue.
Shortly afterwards Shumer joined with her cousin, Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, to call for stricter laws. ‘Unless something is done and done soon, dangerous people will continue to get their hands on guns,’ she said. ‘We need a background check system without holes and fatal flaws. We need one with accurate information that protects us like a firewall.
‘The critics scoff and say, “Well, there’s no way to stop crazy people from doing crazy things,” but they’re wrong. There is a way to stop them. Preventing dangerous people from getting guns is very possible. We have common-sense solutions. We can toughen background checks and stop the sale of firearms to folks who have a violent history or history of mental illness.’
She later blamed the “money” behind the gun lobby for America’s lack of gun-control laws.
On Saturday night, Schumer also used her debut SNL appearance to lambast the Kardashians, saying she was once asked, ‘Is this an exciting time for women in Hollywood?’ to which she responded, ‘not really’.
She went on to explain that the Kardashians don’t set the best example for women because of their blatant endorsement of plastic surgery.
‘Do we really want them to think the faces they were born with are just a light suggestion?’ asked Schumer, who pretended to trip in front of Kim and Kanye at the Time 100 Gala back in April.
She quipped that she and other women once had Khloe as a more relatable reality star but that the Kardashian sister recently ‘lost half of her weight.’
‘Khloe lost a Ken doll,’ she remarked.
Schumer also took part in a very uncomfortable skit in which she played a ‘sexy’ high-school teacher blatently seducing one of her students.
In the racy sketch, Schumer’s character, called Ms. Dayworth, told her high school student Ricky: ‘Let’s get you ready for the oral exam’ – as she rubbed her hands all over him.
The student was played by Kyle Mooney.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Staffer Tries Fleeing Country After FBI Seize Bashed in Hard Drives
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- FBI Grabs Smashed Hard Drives from Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Aides
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Sessions, Priebus Soon to be Fired According to Trump Confidante
- Imam in America Prays for Complete ‘Annihilation’ of Jews, ‘Down To The Very Last One’
- Illegal Immigrant in New York Charged with Raping 12yr-Old Girl More than Once
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Trump Says ‘ObamaCare is torturing the American People’ as Republicans Head to Senate on Repeal Vote, With Surprise Attendance from McCain
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- POLL: Who Looks Hotter, Michelle Obama or This Toilet?