By Rob Morse
Do guns cause crime? I was at this years NRA annual convention. This was the place to find out if guns cause crime. I joined 80 thousand NRA members in one building for three days. The answer is in and guns do not cause crime! Here is what I saw.. and what I did NOT see.
Attendees came from every segment of society. Women were very well represented, as were families with children. NRA members represent the US as a whole.
I was with about 20 thousand responsibly armed civilians as we stood together in one room for hours on end. Besides the personally owned guns we carried, there were thousands more firearms on display. We had access to millions of rounds of ammunition. This is the most concentrated assembly of armed civilians I can find.
If guns cause crime then more guns should cause more crime. More armed people should cause more crime. More armed civilians carrying for a longer period should cause more crime. We should have seen the effects of going armed. We accumulated 60 thousand armed-man-days. That is about 160 armed-man-years. We should have seen the result if guns cause crime. We didn’t see a thing.
Not a single armed individual was violent. Responsibly armed civilians don’t cause crime. In fact, crime fell in Louisville that weekend. Crime falls whenever the NRA comes to town.
Do guns cause crime? Not a single gun jumped up on its own and shot anyone. The guns on display didn’t even threaten anyone.
The results of this experiment are exactly what you expected. We can not prove that guns don’t cause crime. What we do know is this; if guns cause an epidemic of crime, then NRA members are the cure.
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Eminem Targets Gun Owners in New Song: ‘They Love Their Guns More Than Our Children’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- WHEELCHAIR JIHADIST: ISIS Latest Executioner is Handicapped
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- JESSE VENTURA: Not Going to See American Sniper Because ‘There is No Honor in Lying’