Gang officers around the Valley are taking more illegal guns off the streets, and they say they’re finding them posted by criminals on social media.
“We’re looking for gang members posting things about guns or being involved in criminal activity,” said Sgt. Paul Cervantes, Fresno Police.
We’re not even half way through the year and gang officers say they’ve already recovered at least two thirds of what they took from criminals all of last year. And some of those they’re finding thanks to Facebook and Twitter.
As an example, one handgun was taken from 26-year-old Adrian Santana. The multi-agency gang enforcement consortium says Santana posted this photo of the gun on Facebook with the caption “just picked this up today.” His prior domestic violence convictions prohibit Santana from owning a gun.
“So if you’re one of those individuals, i.e. a gang member or prohibited person, and you’re in possession of a firearm, be weary of the fact that folks like MAGEC are going to looking for you,” said Sgt. Cervantes.
Sgt. Paul Cervantes leads one of several MAGEC units. He says so far this year his unit has taken 77 illegal guns of the streets of Fresno. Last year that total was 124 — a number his team will likely shatter by December.
Read more: abc30.com
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer