The Texas teen who became a fugitive after allegedly violating his probation sentence for killing four people in a drunken-driving crash was detained in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Monday.
Ethan Couch and his mother were wanted in Tarrant County, Texas, after vanishing two weeks ago after he was sentenced to probation about two years ago in court for intoxication manslaughter.
Couch, the ‘affluenza’ teen, is expected to be turned over to the US Marshals Service and his mother Tonya was also detained, according to a CNN report, citing officials briefed on the matter.
The public affairs department of the prosecutors’ office in Mexico’s Jalisco state confirmed that the mother and son were detained in Puerto Vallarta around 6.00pm Monday.
The prosecutor’s office said the pair were being held by Mexico’s immigration authorities because they could not prove their legal status in the country.
Couch had dyed his hair brown to disguise himself when the pair went on the run – but didn’t shave off his beard.
In a new arrest photo released by the Jalisco State Prosecutor’s Office Monday, the 18-year-old is seen in a short-sleeve, button-down shirt opened nearly down to his navel, and with his hands cuffed behind his back.
The ‘affluenza’ nickname for the 18-year-old came from a psychologist who said during Couch’s trial he was so wealthy and spoiled he could not tell the difference between right and wrong.
The American Psychiatric Association does not recognize ‘affluenza’ as a diagnosis and Couch’s sentence to ten years of probation – instead of 20 years of prison time – sparked outrage.
Read more: Daily Mail
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Obama Breaks Silence–5 Worded Response on Charlotte RIOTS Will Have You Dropping Your Jaw [SHOCKING]
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’