The Texas teen who became a fugitive after allegedly violating his probation sentence for killing four people in a drunken-driving crash was detained in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Monday.
Ethan Couch and his mother were wanted in Tarrant County, Texas, after vanishing two weeks ago after he was sentenced to probation about two years ago in court for intoxication manslaughter.
Couch, the ‘affluenza’ teen, is expected to be turned over to the US Marshals Service and his mother Tonya was also detained, according to a CNN report, citing officials briefed on the matter.
The public affairs department of the prosecutors’ office in Mexico’s Jalisco state confirmed that the mother and son were detained in Puerto Vallarta around 6.00pm Monday.
The prosecutor’s office said the pair were being held by Mexico’s immigration authorities because they could not prove their legal status in the country.
Couch had dyed his hair brown to disguise himself when the pair went on the run – but didn’t shave off his beard.
In a new arrest photo released by the Jalisco State Prosecutor’s Office Monday, the 18-year-old is seen in a short-sleeve, button-down shirt opened nearly down to his navel, and with his hands cuffed behind his back.
The ‘affluenza’ nickname for the 18-year-old came from a psychologist who said during Couch’s trial he was so wealthy and spoiled he could not tell the difference between right and wrong.
The American Psychiatric Association does not recognize ‘affluenza’ as a diagnosis and Couch’s sentence to ten years of probation – instead of 20 years of prison time – sparked outrage.
Read more: Daily Mail
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- Hell and Back: 3 Sex Slaves Girls Share Gratitude for Being Freed
- ‘GET OFF OUR LAND’: Navajo Tribe Chases John McCain Off their Reservation Because of This…
- Hung Out to Dry: Duck Dynasty Family Says Phil Was Set Up
- GA Lieutenant Governor is Planning to cut Tax Benefits for Delta if They Don’t Reverse NRA Decision
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI
- REPORT: Trump Hating FBI Agent Peter Strzok Ignored Evidence of Hillary Clinton’s Secret Server Being Hacked
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- BREAKING: 16 Terrorists Arrested at Police Raid — but Paris Jihadist is…
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars